• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

discomute

Reaction score
Are you interested in feedback on your outfit?

Definitely interested in feedback - I'm a total novice. Especially the colours as I know I'm not wearing it correctly nor have I tied the tie correctly. It was just for my wife to see originally but thought I'd be interested in anyone's opinion

Last edited:

Joytropics

Reaction score
IMG-8794.jpg

Not the best photo, but I was excited to get my Loro Piana coat back from the tailor while there's still a little winter left.

(X-Post from DC Thread)

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for playing. What do you think of the shoes?

Today was the first day. I wore them in to get heel taps put on, and then I walked back across town (Lex to 8th along 40th/Bryant Park).

I think that loafer sizing is much more exacting and less forgiving than oxfords or bluchers. With that said, these are pretty good. My right side felt great. My left foot is a bit raw by the heel and my big toe. I can comment on the complete break-in period once I wear them a bit more.

But they're nice to look at and the leather seems to be nice quality.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I win this Friday challenge, I may do the next one on the full Windsor knot. I really need someone to convince me that it can look good. I can tolerate it some fits, but it almost always looks bad to me. Personal preference of course.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
If I win this Friday challenge, I may do the next one on the full Windsor knot. I really need someone to convince me that it can look good. I can tolerate it some fits, but it almost always looks bad to me. Personal preference of course.

Mine was a half, designed to show off a wider cross section of that tie than a fih would. But Reddit already gave me **** over that, they don't believe in tie knots other than the fih.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not an expert in jeans. These look nice, but are definitely not “dress” jeans to me. What makes these dressy?

The fit makes them dressy for me. Higher (pants like) rise, straight and slightly tapered cut.

Today.
Jacket and shirt @spiermackay
Jeans - Iron Heart
Boots - Grenson

49613835676_c85f865cf4_b.jpg

49613318473_d310a964d3_b.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree full windsor almost always looks bad.
But just as bad IMO is the ridiculous double FIH done in a way which exposes the double roll. I’ve never seen this anywhere other than on SF and to me it’s and indicator of sheep mentality - doing something without question that looks crap but is done just coz everyone else is doing it.
Likewise the side by side blades or the longer back blade.
It baffles me why so many grown men who appear to be concerned about their appearance struggle to manage a task that most boys of my generation learned, with a bit of help from their dads or big brothers, when we were in the infants school.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree full windsor almost always looks bad.
But just as bad IMO is the ridiculous double FIH done in a way which exposes the double roll. I’ve never seen this anywhere other than on SF and to me it’s and indicator of sheep mentality - doing something without question that looks crap but is done just coz everyone else is doing it.
Likewise the side by side blades or the longer back blade.
It baffles me why so many grown men who appear to be concerned about their appearance struggle to manage a task that most boys of my generation learned, with a bit of help from their dads or big brothers, when we were in the infants school.

I regret that I have but one 'like' to give to this post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads