• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today

IMG_7895.jpg

IMG_7906.JPG

IMG_3647.JPG

IMG_7913.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loving the temporary cool down. Tweed and flannel. I tried some OTC socks from Flake. Falke I really didn't like them. They wreaked all kinds of havoc with my pants leg. Static cling like a mug.

I also got some new shoes.

IMG_3585.JPG

IMG_3583.JPG

IMG_3590.JPG

Last edited:

Hal Freeman

Reaction score
Loving the temporary cool down. Tweed and flannel. I tried some OTC socks from Flake. I really didn't like them. They wreaked all kinds of havoc with my pants leg. Static cling like a mug.

View attachment 859466

View attachment 859467

I remember a post a while back where you said you had a "4-piece madras suit" which consisted of a 3 piece madras suit with a matching shirt. Does these shoes make it a 5-piece now? Haha.

Very bold, I like it.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember a post a while back where you said you had a "4-piece madras suit" which consisted of a 3 piece madras suit with a matching shirt. Does these shoes make it a 5-piece now? Haha.

Very bold, I like it.
Yep. Also looking at two hats in the same pattern.

RFHansen

Reaction score
First off, respect to anyone who manages to post in this thread regularly. It's been a while for me.

Here I am at my new office, getting the dirt off my shoulder, wearing a vintage SC by Pingvin of Sweden, Gant cotton square, Boggi shirt, Drake's flannel tie, Corneliani flannel trousers. Not seen is a pair of NOS vintage burgundy-brown bluchers by Senator.

IMG_0608.JPG

doomx

Reaction score
Loving the temporary cool down. Tweed and flannel. I tried some OTC socks from Flake. I really didn't like them. They wreaked all kinds of havoc with my pants leg. Static cling like a mug.

View attachment 859466

View attachment 859467

This has been my overwhelming experience with OTC socks as well: staticky clingly mess! This is strangly less of an issue for the one pair of linen OTC socks I own (which are also currently missing btw).

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@PCK1 great choice of pocket square in regard to the shirt and tie!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@An Acute Style Is that Falke socks you mean? I had a few pairs a couple of years ago that I didn't find great either. They pretty much disintegrated after a few washes.
Yep. Falke. First wear. I sadly have two other pairs as well. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads