• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That's two references to 'laundry hamper' is this a cross the pond thing?

I use a laundry basket for a worn shirt and a hamper for eating from. Eat my shorts!?!?

you wacky Brits, outside of Benny Hill, I never know what you guys are saying!!!

ammanati

Reaction score

Noah In NYC

Reaction score
I'm teaching a corporate class in NYC today. Going a little more casual.

Tie is drake's of London. I tried to the it tighter, based on feedback from my last post.

I'm eager for further input. Thanks in advance.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But a question I want to ask folks in general: do you guys dress with optimality as your primary goal?

I think optimality is great, if you can get it, but for most of us (myself included) we probably wouldn't make it out of the house if we demanded optimal clothing choices before leaving for the day. I think there is a large circle of good fits that I am satisfied with, and if I happen to hit on an "optimal" fit in my first few attempts, even better.

Hopefully this fits into the "good" circle. Pants/Square - Linen, Shirt/Tie - Cotton, Jacket - Linen/Cotton

Apologies to haters of the "funky chicken" pose.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cotton Dockers, jacket texture, shirt, shoes, and trousers are all superb. Tie doesn't do it for me today.

luv2breformed

Reaction score
I think optimality is great, if you can get it, but for most of us (myself included) we probably wouldn't make it out of the house if we demanded optimal clothing choices before leaving for the day. I think there is a large circle of good fits that I am satisfied with, and if I happen to hit on an "optimal" fit in my first few attempts, even better.

Hopefully this fits into the "good" circle. Pants/Square - Linen, Shirt/Tie - Cotton, Jacket - Linen/Cotton

Apologies to haters of the "funky chicken" pose.

I prefer a lighter colored jacket to go with the tie. Light ties generally demand lower-contrast overall fit in general. I would have loved this fit with a lighter than navy blue jacket.

Last edited:

Gwarg

Reaction score
But a question I want to ask folks in general: do you guys dress with optimality as your primary goal?
I think optimality is great, if you can get it, but for most of us (myself included) we probably wouldn't make it out of the house if we demanded optimal clothing choices before leaving for the day. I think there is a large circle of good fits that I am satisfied with, and if I happen to hit on an "optimal" fit in my first few attempts, even better. Hopefully this fits into the "good" circle. Pants/Square - Linen, Shirt/Tie - Cotton, Jacket - Linen/Cotton Apologies to haters of the "funky chicken" pose.
Nice tie, deets?

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cheers guys!

@Cotton Dockers

It's going ok, we're setting up meetings with some local shops before A/W. Our web page is up and running (we'll launch a web shop and some campaign stuff in the middle of August). Since we've got a quite small collection for the first season we'll only sell through a small number of shops (with the choice of producing more if there's a demand for it).

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie sadly is a bit skinny.

Other Tie Pairings.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice tie, deets?

Neiman Marcus house brand.

It's going ok, we're setting up meetings with some local shops before A/W. Our web page is up and running (we'll launch a web shop and some campaign stuff in the middle of August). Since we've got a quite small collection for the first season we'll only sell through a small number of shops (with the choice of producing more if there's a demand for it).

Site looks very cool, I hope I can buy your clothes even if I don't skateboard. Please keep us updated!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Noah In NYC , The first picture makes the proportions look off. i.e. pants look too slim and it looks top heavy. Not sure if that's really the case, but fyi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads