• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random recent stuff

Last edited:

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Depends on the Quaker. I was raised Hicksite. So about as socially liberal as possible. When my sister was given "the talk," it was "when a man and a woman, or a man and a man, or a woman and a woman, love each other very much." When I was 10 or 11 I read a book on AIDS and told my dad that I had decided to wait until marriage to ********. He told me that was stupid and my mom chimed in in agreement, suggesting my opinion would change quite rapidly when I got a girlfriend.

So basically they were regular parents. Not that I'm knocking it. Growing up in a very religious family can often hitch people with pretty heavy baggage, so good on them for not.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Managed to get away with a sport coat today. No significant meetings. Unlined linen blend for a warm, humid day. Pants are Oxxford in medium charcoal.

Sport Coat; Zegna
Shirt: Zegna
Tie: Petronius

My wife was busy at first so I asked Cinders to help with photo. She could not be bothered to move from sunbeam.

Sunlight shot was a bit bright.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

. Awesome collar. Deets on the tie.

Cheers! It's from a Finnish brand called Herrainpukimo. I believe this tie is cashmere, handmade somewhere in Italy. I think @Jussi Hakkinen or @Tuukka can probably tell you more about it :)

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thumbs on Wednesday, folks. In retrospect, todays fit wasn't the best choice. I should have gone with a more medium or dark gray trouser and I would have preferred a green or maroon tie instead. Live and learn! Angle makes sleeves look long, apologies.

blekit

Reaction score
Spring is here finally, great time for a walk around town :)

bae04428c1ae411a3e1a259d6c6c11ed.jpg

* jacket and waistcoat from Suitsupply
* tie and pocketsquare by Poszetka Handcrafted
* OCBD shirt by Miler Menswear
* Yanko balmoral oxfords

82222c5e449685eeb4a88a53a1f96803.jpg

71b822f08687f2a79fbdd2c04f68f029.jpg

3ddaf8461fc851a546686c32564a4c09.jpg

And feedback is highly appreciated.

I really don't see how my last response could annoy or offend anyone. I am happy to learn what you guys think about my outfits, even (or perhaps especially) when you're critical, but occasionally I'm going to have different opinions. I think that, as long as it is constructive and polite, there is always room for discussion - especially when it comes to area that is largely matter of personal tastes.

Last edited:

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like your style blekit. For this fit the tie doesn't work for me. And a spread collar shirt over bd any day.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red tie and red pocket square don't work...its too matchy.

and the waistcoat definitely doesn't work with anything.

hindi ako

Reaction score
@blekit Do you mind if I ask what size you buy in your suitsupply and in what fit? Is it Havanna? I ask because you appear to be a similar build to myself. Thank you.

blekit

Reaction score

Red tie and red pocket square don't work...its too matchy.

and the waistcoat definitely doesn't work with anything.
Yeah, tie and PS didn't work out together. In retrospect I think I should have gone with plain white linen PS and a solid grenadine tie - brown or navy. Could you follow up on the waistcoat though? I think it should work well with navy jacket like this one (and solid shirt & toned down, casual tie), but wasn't sure about how it'll look with grey trousers. I'm planning to give it a go with olive or khaki chinos next, to get more "'summery" and casual vibe.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads