1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. jdp234

jdp234 Well-Known Member

Maybe so. The outdoor pictures catch the color of the suiting better than the indoor, it resolves to a fairly light grey from a couple yards away. I worry that black or dark brown shoes would look incongruous given the light grey suiting.

Might be that a blue shirt would have avoided the stark white/navy contrast and make the lighter shoes seem more appropriate?

2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Great tie, great ensemble. Big step up from your last fits, really nice improvement.

Pants could use a less aggressive taper imo, but that is not really fixable.

1 person likes this.
  3. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Agreed on the pants. Those don't look like they'd be particularly comfortable doing anything involving sitting.

4. jdp234

jdp234 Well-Known Member

*rimshot*

5. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

It could just be the angle, but those trousers do not look good. You'd get a much better drape if you widened the leg opening and went for a fuller fit more generally. But I suppose this is a common problem with RTW suits these days.

Anyway, my fit from today:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trying to embrace spring but the Finnish weather gods are sadly not being cooperative.

18 people like this.
  6. LAluck5

LAluck5 Senior member

I hate all my suit pants now. They are way too tapered. They aren't uncomfortable but I really dislike the look, and none of them have a cuff because I didn't know about cuff protocols before coming here.

1 person likes this.
  7. LAluck5

LAluck5 Senior member

Agreed about the trousers, it's why I don't like taking full body shots because most of my suit pants are far too tight.

1 person likes this.
  8. ialwayslose

ialwayslose Well-Known Member

First ever post in a thread like this on this forum, but on account of the great spring weather today, figured I would try.

All blue.

Criticisms welcome.

No photos of lower pants or shoes since I do not have a good setup for these and I have to resort to mirror photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

Many here, myself included, have flown too close to the sun as far as trouser tightness is concerned. Alas, the iGent learning curve is steep and expensive.

2 people like this.
  10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Trufax.

Also, as noted, I have found that the vast majority of Italian wares are extremely trim in the pants and the rise is tiny. Which, aside from the look/drape issue, for anyone not particularly slim (read, me), it is mighty uncomfortable.

I find this especially annoying because the jackets corresponding to the pants seem to fit me spot on in my size.

Sad panda.

3 people like this.
  11. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

@Michael81 , I know I already told you this previously, but I'll say it again - your recent fits have been pretty top notch, fit-wise! I love how the SuSu's Washington fit suits you, you have the right build for it.

@ialwayslose , nice watch! I've been intrigued by Hermès watches lately. Not sure all models would hold up to scrutiny by watch geeks and enthusiasts, but aesthetically, they are most of the time pretty interesting!

1 person likes this.
  12. LAluck5

LAluck5 Senior member

Yup, I'm on my shirts, ties, oxford shoes, and trousers buying journey. I'm now looking into the used suit sections of the world to try and not completely go broke.

1 person likes this.
  13. ialwayslose

ialwayslose Well-Known Member

They have an Art-Deco type feel to them from a stylistic standpoint, which means 50% of people probably think they are horrendous.

I am no watch expert by any means, but if they can be found at a good price, I see no problem with them whatsoever

14. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

@LAluck5 If you're stateside, the options are many. Godspeed.

Thank you sir. To be honest, I owe it all to the fine men of Styleforum - without whom my knowledge of fit and proportion would be severely lacking. The Washington is indeed a great option for tall slim guys. But it's a pity they've effectively abandoned the Washington half, which is a much more versatile option than the regular version.

15. Braddock

Braddock Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18 people like this.
  16. SYCSYC

SYCSYC Senior member

Lots of dots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SuitSupply
    Charles Tyrwhitt
    Brooks Brothers
    Meermin

24 people like this.
  17. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

I've always liked your fits, @SYCSYC, and you are the master of the piece of a person shot - but it would be cool to see a full body shot once in a while as well.

1 person likes this.
  18. SYCSYC

SYCSYC Senior member

@Michael81 Sure, I'll just have to find an assistant !

19. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

In honor of Sergio?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  20. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

If you can't find an assistant, just ask totally random people on the street. There are over 2,000,000 people in Paris. Shouldn't be very hard to find someone to take your picture.

I've only had one person I asked to take my picture who wouldn't do it. Ask someone who has a camera and is already taking pictures. Offer to take their picture (with their camera) in return.

2 people like this.