• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slickslickslick

Reaction score

OK guys my wife and I just got back from a month in Italy. I don't want to spam up the place, but I do wanna post a few pics, so I'll do them all at once in one post.

A few representative #waywt photos from our time there:

Had to pose with our rental Fiat because it's so adorable.

All of these are fantastic photographs and pretty damn great outfits for your Roman holiday.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK guys my wife and I just got back from a month in Italy. I don't want to spam up the place, but I do wanna post a few pics, so I'll do them all at once in one post.

A few representative #waywt photos from our time there:

Had to pose with our rental Fiat because it's so adorable.

really great mossrockss!

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather promises to warm up a bit today, at least by the afternoon, so I've eschewed both coat and hat. The Friday Challenge is to incorporate suede into one's attire, hence today's footwear. I'm not even going to try to compete with Mossrockss, his young and beautiful wife, and the Italian scenery and sunshine - I surrender! :D

Suit and braces - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Wedgwood
PS - no name brand
Shoes - Canali

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#19. Temperature descended to 15 degrees in Melbourne this afternoon, allowing me a brief window to get some fit pics of a new rig I know some folks have been waiting to see.

So, without further ado, I give you: The B&Tailor Suit.

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mossrockss great photography! I kind of missed your fit pics on here - now I know there was a good reason behind your absence!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday. I wasn't sure what color tie to wear with this. I think this grey was too light. Any recs?

I am generally a big fan of the direction you've moved in recently and your combinations mostly work whether or not they confirm to any 'rules', but on the increasingly rare occasions when you get it wrong, it's still like the aftermath of an explosion in the Andover shop.
biggrin.gif

So, I don't think the tie is the main problem, it's the whole combination of jacket, shirt, vest and tie. Particularly the bright blue bold stripe shirt and dark green plaid vest just do not do work together in any part of the known universe! One or other might work with the jacket but not together. The tie merely adds to the problem. I think the shirt collar is also way too sharp and cutaway for this type of more casual jacket combination.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Temperature descended to 15 degrees in Melbourne this afternoon, allowing me a brief window to get some fit pics of a new rig I know some folks have been waiting to see.

Very nice tie penor sneaking out under the vest.

But in all honesty, it looks great from the pictures. Would like to see more when you get the chance to see how it has remedied some of your issues, i.e. Extreme bowing. The suit looks comfortable, in a good way. Looks a little less tight than some of your other stuff, you move well in it. Buttoning point is nice.

I would like to see better pictures of the sleeves and how they are cut, for example. But looks like they done you good!

Last edited:

bienluienapris

Reaction score
Temperature descended to 15 degrees in Melbourne this afternoon, allowing me a brief window to get some fit pics of a new rig I know some folks have been waiting to see.

Wonderful ! Do you have a front picture where we can better see the fit of the suit ?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All of these are fantastic photographs and pretty damn great outfits for your Roman holiday.

really great mossrockss!

thanks!

The weather promises to warm up a bit today, at least by the afternoon, so I've eschewed both coat and hat. The Friday Challenge is to incorporate suede into one's attire, hence today's footwear. I'm not even going to try to compete with Mossrockss, his young and beautiful wife, and the Italian scenery and sunshine - I surrender! :D

haha no need—not trying to steal anyone's thunder!

@mossrockss
  great photography! I kind of missed your fit pics on here - now I know there was a good reason behind your absence!

thanks man! i wanted to post while we were there but was either too busy or had insufficient internet connection to do so.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Awesome @mossrockss . Thanks for sharing.

That suit looks great @Coxsackie . Handmade lapel button hole
drool.gif

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, @Coxsackie. Great looking suit. You look very relaxed and comfortable in it.

@mossrockss, lovely pics! Thanks for sharing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads