• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

too lazy for a tie...you think im actually gonna wear pants?!

WHO NEEDS PANTS!!!!

nice combo derk, hope the home life gets back to normal.

thansk man! and yes. who needs pants?

ps Derek, I feel your pain. I'm so happy those days are loooong behind me. Hang in there, you'll make it.

its been a breeze until this weekend. wowza she's been FUSSY.

Derk has a fussy baby, a sick wife, and a profound lack of sleep, and you're worried whether or not he's wearing pants? What sort of philistine are you, anyway? :)

:lol:

In all seriousness, pants are dove grey. :)

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The kind that has done that twice - the second time with a rambunctious five year old. This parent game is tough and you've got to play to win from the beginning. No slack for t3h n00bz.

+1...and it's a young person's game, this coming from a not-young person playing said game...2:30am wake up call from 3 yr old today!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jacket, pants, and shoes work. That shirt is not meant for a tie (the width of the stripes being too close to the width of a tie).

Disagree; that shirt can - and should - be worn with a tie IMO, but only with an otherwise ultra-sharp, business look. It would be a very English sort of look, necessitating, say, a navy suit (perhaps even a pin- or chalkstripe), black shoes and a similar tie one he's already wearing. White linen square or something like a navy polka dot if going for silk. I do agree that it looks out of place with the tie in the more casual outfit. But I would not like it open-collar either. Smart, City-ish sort of look is the way to go with it I think!

For example, if you were to use his shirt/tie combo in my outfit today, I think it would work pretty nicely:

FillW

Reaction score
I hate them all, because they never fit just right in all areas.
smile.gif

They look good to me.
biggrin.gif

I like the "Faded Glory" jeans from Wal-Mart.

BTW- the jacket is awesome!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

klinlike

Reaction score
yes.I forgot the tie photo today. But was a dark brown waffle-y thing on a light blue shirt. Boots need a good brushing.
24.gif

Last edited:

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Holdfast. Harvie & Hudson are, if for nothing else, known for their bold stripe shirts, and I picked the tie together with mr Harive sr. to go with that shirt. But as you say, it is supposed to be worn with a sharp british suit, and not a casual outfit as I had today.
H&H used to be my favorite shirtmaker, and this design particularly - and I have quite a few in blue, pink, red and yellow.
Still I understand those here who dislike the shirt; it is rather loud and can attract to much attention. That's the reason why I can only wear it on days that I can take that kind of looks...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hell of a time picking a shirt for this. ended up with this because i liked the texture. not sure the color blue is quuuuuuuite ideal tho.

i think i am happy with it.

Last edited:

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
IS - I think that's a miss on the shirt. Tie is good with the jacket, though I'm not a huge fan of the tie.

Re the shirt: Too many solids and blue is too saturated.

I would have opted for a striped shirt. ie. Blue/White University stripe OCBD

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Stichie, nice SC. I really like the texture and it looks good with those gray trousers. Deets of the SC please. Double vented?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

IS - I think that's a miss on the shirt. Tie is good with the jacket, though I'm not a huge fan of the tie.
Re the shirt: Too many solids and blue is too saturated.
I would have opted for a striped shirt. ie. Blue/White University stripe OCBD

not a bad idea. thanks. dont have one in OCBD, but have a stripe that is non BD that would do the trick i think.

Stichie, nice SC. I really like the texture and it looks good with those gray trousers. Deets of the SC please. Double vented?

thanks! its zegna. wool/cotton/angora blend. yes double vented.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@ Holdfast. Harvie & Hudson are, if for nothing else, known for their bold stripe shirts, and I picked the tie together with mr Harive sr. to go with that shirt. But as you say, it is supposed to be worn with a sharp british suit, and not a casual outfit as I had today.
H&H used to be my favorite shirtmaker, and this design particularly - and I have quite a few in blue, pink, red and yellow.
Still I understand those here who dislike the shirt; it is rather loud and can attract to much attention. That's the reason why I can only wear it on days that I can take that kind of looks...

I rather like it, though it does fall outside of the general aesthetic here (which really seems like a sort of ameritalian these days, but I could be wrong). I had a similar thought to HF, but this was mostly from watching Kingdom, Party Animals, and other British shows, so it seemed best to keep my mouth shut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads