• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBindle

Reaction score
Today's details. No full shot because the trouser fit is so off it would have resulted in burned retinas. They were medium grey but would look better turned to charcoal.
Bass weejuns on the feet to compliment the super trad scottie dog tie. Double FIH too much?

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice colours Spoo, it shows confidense. But I'm not happy with the jacket. I don't like the contrast buttons, and something is wrong in the neck and the sleeveheads. The fit is not that good there.

I noticed you prefere the tie very tight and high, showing a lot of collarband. Some men do, but to me that makes a messy impression.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks... the patches are stylistically wrong with a structured English shoulder and heavy navy flannel

Jacket and tie looks a bit long, no? Other than that, it looks like a rather nice ensemble. May I ask what you regret with the patch pockets? Is it the pairing with a flannel suit? I'm having thoughts about purchasing a grey flannel suit with 2 patch pockets and would very much appreciate your input and expertise. Other are of course also welcome with inputs.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think flannel takes patch pockets, Pliny. It just makes the suit slightly more rustic and should be accesorized as such. Shoulder structure is just a matter of what's flattering on you
smile.gif

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Back to work.
This salmon colored tie is a winner. It provides the perfect foil to this smartly striped light gray suit. Molto bene!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not a fan, personally. Perhaps I've seen too many cheap/bad examples, and that's coloured my perception of the style. But I feel's there's something mish-mashy about the style. Brogued lace-up boots, sure; can look fantastic. But brogued chelseas... eh, just not for me. I didn't realise "dealer boot" was the name for this style; I thought it was just another synonym for chelseas generally. Learn something new every day!

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i guess i could pair it with puffed square, woolly tie and suede derbies, say, (expect a pic soon :) ) but a navy patch flannel is still an oxymoron IMO. .. I just had a thing for patches when i commissioned it
I think flannel takes patch pockets, Pliny. It just makes the suit slightly more rustic and should be accesorized as such. Shoulder structure is just a matter of what's flattering on you
smile.gif

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flannel is a versatile cloth IMO, depending on how you style the jacket it can be more or less rustic. Personally don't see it as an oxymoron
smile.gif

It'd look great with either a fuzzy cashmere tie or madder, challis...

Last edited:

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Sprezziamo and Victor, loving the fits! Especially the salmon tie/gray suit combo.

My fit today is a X post from the Friday challenge thread. Probably not enough purple in the tie to qualify but thought I'd give it a shot.

SC Brooks Brothers silk/wool
Tie Trafalgar silk/cotton
Pants Incotex wool
Shoes Santoni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads