• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westpointkappa

Reaction score
Same basic premise as yesterday - PoW check suit, but arguably a bit more formal today.

Details etc:

Wore this yesterday. Bad hotel corridor lighting, but general idea is there..

toosday with big peaks and extra pockets
hows the length of the jacket look?

Some other shots...
AP

Fussy baby wanted to hang out with her daddy.

Some really nice stuff from a variety of guys over the last 24-48hrs.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Had to pretend to be serious today:

HF - i neither love nor hate the tie, but i do love the fit as a whole. great job.

---

new shirt!

Looks great, but we're you shooting for "street number sign yamaka" positioning? You're so perfectly framed it couldn't have been an accident!

A few photos from this past weekend in New York for my stepsisters wedding:

Morning Gents
In Stitches your ensembles are great! I like these pieces. They are very clean with a touch of pizzaz (I know I spelled that wrong as hell).

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Stitches your ensembles are great! I like these pieces. They are very clean with a touch of pizzaz (I know I spelled that wrong as hell).
Hey, ******* sir. Spoiler your posts if they're like that.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is the main (though not the only) point of rise measurement - to define where on your waist they're going to sit. Ideally, the amount of sag should be the same on all trousers (as much as you prefer for comfort), and if you like them to sit on the same point of your waist they should always have the same rise. I tolerate a wide range of rise lengths, but if a RTW pair has too high of a rise even for me, I just won't buy it, rather than have it sag, which I think looks sloppy. Once you have found your perfect measurements, both inseam and outseam should stay fixed. Outseam/inseam balance is also useful to correct for bow leggedness or knock knees...
BTW, I'm not implying you have this problem on your last fit - I think a lower button stance on the jacket would help more than less sagging on the trousers, but that's a different issue.

indeed. my preferred rise has about a 1 inch variance, so technically, my inseam is also pretty fixed. but since i do buy ready to wear, in reality my rise might vary by up to an inch and a half or so. because of that, and because i always wear my pants on the same point of my waist, i use the outseam when i have my tailor do my pants.

i understand i am in the minority on this one, and that most people do not treat rise/inseam/outseam the way i do.

In Stitches  your ensembles are great! I like these pieces. They are very clean with a touch of pizzaz (I know I spelled that wrong as hell).

thanks you kindly!

Hey, ******* sir. Spoiler your posts if they're like that.

relax jester, he is trying. :)

southernstyle

Reaction score

Because it stinks of effort. I am a pro sockless guy - especially with slippers. I never wear socks with my stubbs.... BUT, no socks at a wedding in a tux? 
Imo, SS has brings great fits and generally looks pretty cool, just tries to hard, it's not natural style or flow at this point. I'm sure it will be on day.

What it stinks of if anything, is that I see and wearing clothing differently than you. We're posting in a thread in which everyone is wearing custom clothing, which they picked out themselves or assisted in picking out. Everyone here "tries" to a certain extent. As a matter of fact each morning I wake up and have one less step to get ready than yourself, so wouldn't that mean you try harder than me?

I think its funny that everyone gets riled up that I don't wear socks, yet no one gives DerekS crap for wearing tacky lapel pins representing companies he doesn't work for. Should he not just keep the label on his sleeve? I knew I was going to be criticized for no socks but thought everyone would have been used to it by now. :(

Just my .02 cents :foo:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think its funny that everyone gets riled up that I don't wear socks, yet no one gives DerekS crap for wearing tacky lapel pins representing companies he doesn't work for. Should he not just keep the label on his sleeve? I knew I was going to be criticized for no socks but thought everyone would have been used to it by now.
frown.gif

Just my .02 cents
foo.gif
I don't wear socks with loafers and chinos. Or rather, I wear the invisible socks. But, that's a casual setting.

Those shoes and the lack of socks, with that, is kind of an abomination. Which is a shame since the rest of the fit is so good. But you might as well wear an orange polka dot tie and call it, "your thing" as well. It makes just as much sense, man.

Derek may wear lapel pins (I haven't seen any) but his fits are true to the theme from what I can tell. Not this, evening party/slumber party thing I see.

In all fairness, if the pants were cut lower on the first fit - I would like it with no socks just fine.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Y'all need to leave SS alone. Whatever you think about his hem length and hosiery, the point has been made ad nauseum, and he shows no signs of changing his mind.

I'll say this about SS, though: He has style, and he's demonstrated that he doesn't take himself or his clothes too seriously. I'd have a drink with him.

But that was a cheap shot at DerekS, SS. Besides, Canta gave him the business about the Isaia pin yesterday, so it's not like it went unnoticed.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Been awhile since I demonstrated the patented SB Over/Under
2122.png
technique...

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I think its funny that everyone gets riled up that I don't wear socks, yet no one gives DerekS crap for wearing tacky lapel pins representing companies he doesn't work for. Should he not just keep the label on his sleeve? I knew I was going to be criticized for no socks but thought everyone would have been used to it by now. :(

Just my .02 cents :foo:

i get **** for nearly everything. Cargos, big peaks, plaid suits, lapel pins, loud pocket squares. But you know, when youre as goddamn handsome as me, you can do what the **** you want. Keep trying though buddy.

and nobody is riled up about your socks...theyre just telling you that you look stupid in a nice way.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Y'all need to leave SS alone. Whatever you think about his hem length and hosiery, the point has been made ad nauseum, and he shows no signs of changing his mind.
I'll say this about SS, though: He has style, and he's demonstrated that he doesn't take himself or his clothes too seriously. I'd have a drink with him.
But that was a cheap shot at DerekS, SS. Besides, Canta gave him the business about the Isaia pin yesterday, so it's not like it went unnoticed.

i get **** for nearly everything. Cargos, big peaks, plaid suits, lapel pins, loud pocket squares. But you know, when youre as goddamn handsome as me, you can do what the **** you want. Keep trying though buddy.
and nobody is riled up about your socks...theyre just telling you that you look stupid in a nice way.

i enjoyed these posts, and i agree with them.

SS - you should know full well by now that much of your style is not the SF norm, and you should expect some barbs. im not saying change your dress, rock it like you want it. just be prepared for the SF majority to bump heads with ya. people who are civil, engage in discourse, people who are not, just ignore.

derk - matt bomer called, he wants your number.

McBindle

Reaction score
Here is today's fit. Deeper colors. I think the shoes and tie are pretty bold but not too matchy matchy I hope. Those collar points need to be longer. Pants could probably be .25" longer.

For comparison in color depth, fit, and jacket proportions here is a similar fit from last week:

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

*writes number on Derek's hands*

call me

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is today's fit. Deeper colors. I think the shoes and tie are pretty bold but not too matchy matchy I hope. Those collar points need to be longer. Pants could probably be .25" longer.

For comparison in color depth, fit, and jacket proportions here is a similar fit from last week:
I don't think there is anything bold about the tie or the shoes. They look nice though. I think the jacket fits well, but the sleeves could be a little longer.

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
indeed. my preferred rise has about a 1 inch variance, so technically, my inseam is also pretty fixed. but since i do buy ready to wear, in reality my rise might vary by up to an inch and a half or so. because of that, and because i always wear my pants on the same point of my waist, i use the outseam when i have my tailor do my pants.

i understand i am in the minority on this one, and that most people do not treat rise/inseam/outseam the way i do.
thanks you kindly!

The rise do not affect the inseam, as our trousers should not sag or be too tight in the crotch, so always be worn in the "same" spot. So, as you buy rtw trousers, the rise may change from trouser to trouser, reflecting on the out seam thus you should specify your favored inseam to your tailor and not the out seam, as the inseam is a more precise measurement.
This is a technical matter, so I am not sure if you could explain it successfully, but that is how I approach the subject based on tailor's explanations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads