• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The tie is just a regular windsor on a fat tie. I will try a smaller knot next time./quote]

Ah, now I see your response. You might try a Half Windsor on that tie, but I would always use a knot in The Windsor Family with that style shirt collar. Also, the wide/ thick knot is in proportion to the lapels. And don't let yourself get terrorized by the Knotzis.

FillW

Reaction score
@edmorel: are you implying that stitches has grasped the concept of rise?

@stitches: i heard shibumi offers nice linen pocketsquares...

(Kent Wang, man...)

biggrin.gif

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's wrong with a double four in hand? It'll be just as wide as a half Windsor, but a lot less unsightly.

What is it in your opinion that makes a Half Windsor "unsightly?"

Ebonyman

Reaction score
A lil' brown and blue for ya'. I thought of wearing a brown striped shirt but settled on this ecru one instead.

Suit: Cerrutti 1881
Tie: vintage Resilio
Shoes: Frattelli Rossetti punched cap toe
Watch: Vintage Hamilton

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Braddock- stop making it look so effortless...it's quite irritating. I'm lucky if I look that good once a month and you seem to do it daily.

Ebonyman- that's how it's done, sir.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eazye - looks nice. suit or SC?

I've been going through the entire thread and I have to say that this is one of, if not the best fit of yours. No low rise making the pants look baggy, sloping shoulders in harmony with the armhole width rendering in a very pleasent look for the eye. Very well done. May I ask about deets on the SC?

thank you kindly. SC is isaia. 100% wool. crepe kind if weave. got it from B&B, and i think the MOP buttons are the originals owners addition, not what the jacket came with. im happy he made the switch.

What's wrong with a double four in hand? It'll be just as wide as a half Windsor, but a lot less unsightly.

It is a Half Windsor

you guys are nuts, the half windsor is a wonderful knot.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lil' brown and blue for ya'. I thought of wearing a brown striped shirt but settled on this ecru one instead.

Suit: Cerrutti 1881
Tie: vintage Resilio
Shoes: Frattelli Rossetti punched cap toe
Watch: Vintage Hamilton

The fit of the jacket is excellent. +1 for wider lapels. Your tie is commensurate with your current lapels, but I'd also recommend a wider tie. In the first two photos the tie knot looks rather small. I think a wider tie would look better given your broad, sloping shoulders and better fill out the spread collar.

McBindle

Reaction score
Yesterday's fit. Round two with the wide lapels. The waist suppression hasn't been done yet.
This is Firm BBQ Conservative Business Dress so no p-square.
My watch was playing a game with the left sleeve.
A new hopsack is on the way for a little variation.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys are nuts, the half windsor is a wonderful knot.

you're probably the only person I know that wears a half windsor without looking like a salesman or some random wedding dude

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you're probably the only person I know that wears a half windsor without looking like a salesman or some random wedding dude

:inlove:

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies fellas'. I typically wear wider (3.5") ties but the lapels on this suit are more slender and call for a less wide tie to keep the correct proportions.

I absolutely agree that my big head and wide shoulders look better with wider lapels/ties.:nodding: I loved the drape and color of this suit so I bought it anyway and decided to buy a few accessories that work with it. Perhaps a short, pointed collar shirt would have been better with the slim tie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads