• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First post on the thread, hope y'all approve. Cheers

Suit looks nice. Suit Supply? The knot is too much IMO. Try a four-in-hand or double four-in-hand. Please crop your pictures. It's hard to make out your fit. Also, don't aim for approval. Do you. Take the advice that suits you.

Classic trad. I like the look. Especially the jacket. Uniqlo? The shirt could use a better collar with more roll. Also, please crop your pictures. It's hard to make out your fit.

Last edited:

tactical1

Reaction score
I'm aware some will not approve of the red tie; in my environment, it won't get a second look.

Took a suggestion from another thread, tried yellow shirt / purple tie. Not sure how much I like this:

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ holy moly those lapels! I have over 4" lapels on my suits, but I don't think I could ever wear anything as wide as those monsters. Having said that, I'm kinda diggin it in this fit.

Last edited:

OldSchoolDagger

Reaction score

In a hurry today. Haven't had time to look at other fits, unfortunately. Played with my camera outside a little. Here's my entry:
gkPSU.jpg
Still a little cold for loafers without socks, but I'm not a *****, unlike UC.
fight%5B1%5D.gif
laugh.gif
The "*****" comments are a touch too much hating on women for a guy looking like that much of a gentleman.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just finished reading the thread. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to catch up, it moves so fast. I've learned so much from you gentlemen, and the banter that goes on here is particularly entertaining. Anyway, here's my first pic for you to tear apart, enjoy!

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot to give you specifics about the linen. It's the most breathable cloth that I've ever worn, very flimsy, and it does not wrinkle nor rumples (it probably isn't composed by just linen and silk as advertised by the local shop seller). Think fresco, but, much more breathable, handles moisture much better, not coarse, and without the body. I'm concerned about how it will take the needle, but I've already made two odd trousers with it (you saw the white one on the friday challenge) and it's just amazing, so amazing that I'll give it a shot. Does that information changes how you feel about the hip patches? Yeah, I really like the bespoke process.
The single button is my second choice, I like the look very much, very sport, but, I'll probably go with three, more suitable for a navy suit that doesn't wrinkles, IMO. I's planning to employ the single button to my next linen suit (tan or tobacco) that will be on hold until I've the result from this project.

If you're going to use the suit for "city" looks as well as more casual looks, go with flap or jetted pockets, but if you're only going to wear it with linen shirts, knit/linen ties, etc. either patch or flap should be fine...

Last edited:

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just finished reading the thread. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to catch up, it moves so fast. I've learned so much from you gentlemen, and the banter that goes on here is particularly entertaining. Anyway, here's my first pic for you to tear apart, enjoy!

Well done!

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

It was only after I had taken the next picture that I realized that there was an infant left on the back seat of this car and that I had made myself look like a major creep taking this selfie.

The tie is glen plaid, not solid grey. Had I risked approaching the car window even more to take a proper close-up shot in the reflection, I would probably have some explaining to do down at the vice squad right now:

"No officer there must be a terrible misunderstanding! My kind exclusively uses glass panels for their reflective properties not for their see-through characteristics!!"

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was only after I had taken the next picture that I realized that there was an infant left on the back seat of this car and that I had made myself look like a major creep taking this selfie.

The tie is glen plaid, not solid grey. Had I risked approaching the car window even more to take a proper close-up shot in the reflection, I would probably have some explaining to do down at the vice squad right now:

"No officer there must be a terrible misunderstanding! My kind exclusively uses glass panels for their reflective properties not for their see-through characteristics!!"

agp

Reaction score

Peeps won't like that massive triple windsor.

The tie is just a regular windsor on a fat tie. I will try a smaller knot next time.

Suit looks nice.  Suit Supply?  The knot is too much IMO.  Try a four-in-hand or double four-in-hand.  Please crop your pictures.   It's hard to make out your fit.   Also, don't aim for approval.  Do you.  Take the advice that suits you.  

Suitsupply, yes sir. My fit is average, a bit on the athletic side. Picture Bane from the Dark Knight Rises, but at 75% power.

And sorry about the picture size. Y'all don't get a small icon where you click and it enlarges?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ZOMG IM TRYING A NEW POSE!!!!!

fotobomb!!

classic pose and close ups

please excuse the mess on the porch, we are doing some construction in the basement.

I've been going through the entire thread and I have to say that this is one of, if not the best fit of yours. No low rise making the pants look baggy, sloping shoulders in harmony with the armhole width rendering in a very pleasent look for the eye. Very well done. May I ask about deets on the SC?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suit looks nice.  Suit Supply?  The knot is too much IMO.  Try a four-in-hand or double four-in-hand.   

I think that shirt collar requires a Windsor, though he may get away with a half. Did he used a Double Windsor, or is it just a really thick tie. There are people on this thread that have an anti-Windsor prejudice...I am not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads