• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stop that, Ed.
dont deny that you enjoy it for one reason or another.
I'm bringing sexy back.
these motherfuckers dont know how to act.
i brought sexy back years ago. IM A HIPSTER OF BRINGING SEXY BACK!!!
Well, I honestly think the suit would have been better off with jetted/flap pockets. But my blazer would have been better with patch pockets, so it's a draw.
tounge.gif
lol, a draw it is.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh my gawd more patch pockets the internet is gonna melt! Nice look Nii.

I like Stitch's patch pockets on that suit. All I see is flaps, flaps everywhere. Change it up from time to time. Rock on.

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The patch pockets in Stitchy's suit are fine, they just make it more casual. Makes it lean towards being a casual suit rather than business, which is fine if that's what he wants (though I wouldn't have gone casual on any details with a suit like that). But if you wanted a business suit, would you put a throat latch, half belt, action back, or leather buttons on it? Putting patch pockets is the same thing...

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sexy never left.:nodding:

not as long as derek is in the house.

Damn. I go to lunch and comeback to a squirreled response.

was nothing worth reading, i assure you.

Oh my gawd more patch pockets the internet is gonna melt! Nice look Nii.
I like Stich's patch pockets on that suit. All I see is flaps, flaps everywhere. Change it up from time to time. Rock on.

thanks, CD. needless to say, i agree.

The patch pockets in Stitchy's suit are fine, they just make it more casual. Makes it lean towards being a casual suit rather than business, which is fine if that's what he wants (though I wouldn't have gone casual on any details with a suit like that). But if you wanted a business suit, would you put a throat latch, half belt, action back, or leather buttons on it? Putting patch pockets is the same thing...

i certainly agree they are a casual detail. that being said, i think your comparisons to "throat latch, half belt, action back, or leather buttons" are not on point. patch pockets on an otherwise business-ey suit are nothing like those things. i think you have gone overboard.

and yes, it is what i wanted. i dont sit in board meetings or work in politics. i dont think it in any way detracts from the success of the suit, and its an enjoyable detail i have the good fortune of employing.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
patch pockets. Srs Bidnass.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

It's done. Stitchy has Patch Pockets on a suit. 

And that's that.

i cant wait to post my cashmere houndstooth with green overcheck patchpocket 3 roll 2 suit. :foo:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i certainly agree they are a casual detail. that being said, i think your comparisons to "throat latch, half belt, action back, or leather buttons" are not on point. patch pockets on an otherwise business-ey suit are nothing like those things. i think you have gone overboard.

I do think they are the same thing. I might just be a bit
foo.gif
ish about patch pockets. However, I do agree that it doesn't detract from the success of the suit - simply because it's not a suit you will use for business.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads