• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

delon66

Reaction score

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
What I had before getting tempted during my fitting
110325006.jpg
Picked up new SC (2nd version of my 1B SB P Johnson in navy Loro Piana "The Wave" cloth & tie (black/navy 2 tone silk knit from Drakes
110325014.jpg
110325010.jpg
110325013.jpg
110325018.jpg

You are kicking ass. As always.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
No spring entry for me today as it's 29 degrees in NY
ffffuuuu.gif
It's also my first casual Friday in the past 15 years or so
laugh.gif
8c8a356f.jpg
6bbb0028.jpg
d3c14bfb.jpg

It's odd seeing jeans in this thread. It took me some time to wrap my mind around it and judge the fit objectively. I think this works very nicely.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Spring Challenge. Of course, I am probably one of the few guys on here that is actually getting some Spring weather today.
smile.gif
Domenico Spano Dupioni Suit Borrelli shirt Roundtree and Yorke tie Borrelli suede longwings. Have a good one! Mike
Spring1.JPG
Spring2.JPG
Spring3.JPG

The shoes. The suit.
worship.gif
altogether very tasteful, definetly, but may I suggest, those monks would be even more charming with slimfitting and shorter jeans, instead of bootcut ones; I personally think monks always should be worn with shorter pants, it brings out their special charm

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I LOLd so hard at this (no offence), as it makes no sense! It has NOTHING to do with the economic crisis! The recession is to do with all the European countries sharing one currency and how that has failed (which was so obvious from the start--kindergarten logic).

Europe still lacks the fiscal/political union without which the Euro has always been destined to fail. Why? Because nationalism/particularism remains powerful. So despite your incredulous tone you're wrong, and he's right.

From what I've seen of you on this forum you are ******* irritating (no offence).

I won't start an argument in this thread, because a. wrong thread and b. you've called me irritating (and internet calling out never goes anywhere), but nationalism has increased rapidly since the collapse of the Euro which makes sense. The main reason the Euro failed is: When one countries ***** up, the others either **** up or prop up. This time, it was an incredibly big ****-up. Of course, countries left, right and center are saying they want to go it alone and why shouldn't they?

mjd

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I won't start an argument in this thread, because a. wrong thread and b. you've called me irritating (and internet calling out never goes anywhere), but nationalism has increased rapidly since the collapse of the Euro which makes sense. The main reason the Euro failed is: When one countries ***** up, the others either **** up or prop up. This time, it was an incredibly big ****-up. Of course, countries left, right and center are saying they want to go it alone and why shouldn't they?

For some reason I just know that Crusty will be able to explain this all to us perfectly.

Victor Elfo

Reaction score

I believe Canandians and South Americans woukd take offense if you called them American.
Anyways let us move on

I do not, after all I've born in the American continent.
The correct naming for the United States of America citizens in Brazilian Portuguese is "estadunidenses".

apack

Reaction score
you do know Europe is a continent and America is a country. And in terms of the US being homogenous, New York, Chicago and even Houston will debunk that theory.
Well now this is the most simultaneously arrogant and ignorant statement I've read in a while. My friends in Chile consider themselves American quite truly and correctly just as much as we do in the USA. There are two American continents and the USA does not fully occupy either of them.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Part of citizens of the US referring to themselves as "American"...and most of the world doing so also...might be a bit of arrogance/nationalism/whathaveyou on our part. I think a bigger part is just practicality. What else do you call us in English? I generally introduce myself as Texan when I'm abroad (as most people know where Texas is).

The only country with that problem is United Arab Emirates. They are referred to as the Emirati (suggesting Americans could be referred to as Statesian), but the Emirati also refer to an ethnic group.

The correct naming for the United States of America citizens in Brazilian Portuguese is "estadunidenses".
I can dig it.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you do know Europe is a continent and America is a country. And in terms of the US being homogenous, New York, Chicago and even Houston will debunk that theory.

Well now this is the most simultaneously arrogant and ignorant statement I've read in a while.  My friends in Chile consider themselves American quite truly and correctly just as much as we do in the USA.  There are two American continents and the USA does not fully occupy either of them.

When your friends in Chile refer to their nationality, do they call themselves Americanos or Chilenos? Because if it's the latter (and I think we all know that it is) you're getting your dander up over nothing. Or, to put it another way, if you go around the world and say you're an American, that noun only needs a modifier if you're not from the United States.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In spanish is "estadounidenses". In english it should be "united staters". America is a continent first and foremost, divided into South, Central and North America. Yes, I´m aware everyone knows this, but reading someone saying America is a country just threw me off. I know since it´s called "United States of America", everyone calls people from there americans, but like previously stated, it´s the name of the continent, so that makes a chilean an american, a puerto rican an american, a canadian an american, a guy born in suriname is also american, et al.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
One could easily argue that America is not a continent. North America is. South America is. And collectively they are referred to as "The Americas." And when referring to their continent, I've heard people say "North American" and "South American" but never just "American". In Asia, "North American" are people from Canada, the United States, and Mexico. "South American" are people, from, well, South America. Central Americans seem to always get lumped in with the South rather than the North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads