• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
What a vulgar little clique. Every forum has them I suppose - although I find it hard to fathom a mindset that treats a public forum as private territory. Even more so in this context, where strangers are posting their personal images for global comment. I shall comment as directly and frequently as long as it amuses me. Also, as I haven't seen a contradiction of any of my assertions yet, it seems my only issue is the temerity of speaking without permission of the self-proclaimed milk monitors. How depressing. I do congratulate young Miami Vice for being the exception with his refreshingly specific "your socks are an eye-****". Which is true, and was rather the point; never mind. But really, if you disagree, then debate.

Thank you for the constructive tip on the "thumbs up" button, Mr Citan - I shall use it for briefer comments; noted. As for the rest, I'm really too old and gnarled to care. Those who insult perfect strangers on the internet do only their own dignity a disservice, and tuning out the background noise is not something I find difficult.

Anyway, yesterday's (wasted!) frivolity aside, I will share once more for your collective delectation:

(suit and shirt bespoke, tie can't remember, socks Mazarin, shoes Cheaney).

Last edited:

Albert Hal

Reaction score

More vintage: Jacket from a taylor made suit from 1964. Tie: Memphis Milan from the 1980´s. But the Levis 752 is new.

Last edited:

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a vulgar little clique.  Every forum has them I suppose - although I find it hard to fathom a mindset that treats a public forum as private territory.  Even more so in this context, where strangers are posting their personal images for global comment.  I shall comment as directly and frequently as long as it amuses me.  Also, as I haven't seen a contradiction of any of my assertions yet, it seems my only issue is the temerity of speaking without permission of the self-proclaimed milk monitors.  How depressing.  I do congratulate young Miami Vice for being the exception with his refreshingly specific "your socks are an eye-****".  Which is true, and was rather the point; never mind.  But really, if you disagree, then debate.

Thank you for the constructive tip on the "thumbs up" button, Mr Citan - I shall use it for briefer comments; noted.  As for the rest, I'm really too old and gnarled to care.  Those who insult perfect strangers on the internet do only their own dignity a disservice, and tuning out the background noise is not something I find difficult.

Anyway, yesterday's (wasted!) frivolity aside, I will share once more for your collective delectation:

(suit and shirt bespoke, tie can't remember, socks Mazarin, shoes Cheaney).

Ur lapels look rather flat and fused for bespoke...but anyway, I like the tie from wut I can see

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew that yesterday's post would cause some stirrings among the natives, though not quite the kerfluffle that it cause as seen below. With holdfast and Victor joining in, we could theoretically blame it all on the phase of the moon (were it a full moon Sunday evening).

For the record, Citan, the suit was bought when I was a bit larger, and the trousers could probably stand to be tapered a bit.

watchingdetails2002
"Details always capture my attention. But it was cool to see the cowboy boots with you suit!"

mjd

Citan1145
"upr i love this suit as it looks like a standard dark charcoal, iw oudl slim the pants tho!"

VictorSFreturn
":)"

Pingson
"The stripes saved the suit! I'm usually not a fan of pinstriped suits, but this one was nice!"

Nice pocket square tie combo...but Those boots :rotflmao:

Thanks for noticing something other than the boots.

I presume you generally wear the boots with appropriately cut trousers?
I'm hurt. I normally aim for African dictator and have been since 2010
I thought "keyboard warrior" more sensible than my original label of "keyboard warrior princess." But it's nice of you to have liked it, nonetheless
Thanks to all those who complimented me, no matter their opinions of my shirt

I normally wear the boots with jeans or other more casual trousers. +1 on the "keyboard warrior" comment - had you used the "keyboard warrior princess" comment, that would have been in keeping with my theory about the actual personage in question, who I have theorized is actually a fat frosted blonde named Darlene, living in a trailer park, with an unfortunate affection for lime green capri pants and Smurf garden gnomes. To disprove the theory, the poster need only post photos - to date, none have appeared, hence the Theory of Darlene remains in effect.

Mr Crust: correct!  The boots are truly offensive!  But a splendid ensemble as usual if I just scroll your feet out of view.  I appreciate the practicalities of the situation though, but just one thing: should cowboy boots really by shined, as in proper shiny-shined?  I'd think a clean, yes, but perhaps a dull glow of dubbin once in a while would be more in keeping with their utilitarian origins?

The vamps are ostrich leg, which is hardly a utilitarian form of leather, so a good shine is not out of keeping with the material. Glad that you liked the rest of the ensemble, in any case.

This makes me nostalgic for my years living in Texas. I'm not a Texan by birth or temperament, so I don't think I could pull this off, but I've always had a soft spot for boots 'n' suits.

Glad to evoke fond memories, Mr. Butch - not quite Proust and a madeleine, but in the same general vein.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going three-piece today. An MTM suit from Bladen in a really lovely cloth from H. Lesser.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I knew that yesterday's post would cause some stirrings among the natives, though not quite the kerfluffle that it cause as seen below. With holdfast and Victor joining in, we could theoretically blame it all on the phase of the moon...

Once one spends long enough on SF, monthly cycles synchronise...
plain.gif

Weather continues to fluctuate and thus so do my clothes, from yesterday's brightness to today's relative sobriety. In hindsight something other than navy for the tanktop/sweatervest would have added a bit more life to today's fit. If I had a dark burgundy, I think it would have worked well here. Still I think it's getting warm enough now to lose that layer altogether and with it out of the way, the paisley tie is certainly lively enough to need no extra leeriness!

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Theo's collar points are even longer than my 1970s ones, which I would have thought madness, in the past

Yes, I realize that it's black tie in the afternoon, and I know that the image quality is less than perfect, but a happy day for me nonetheless.

Congratulations!

On the nerdy side, I do recall that black tie's permissible when the wedding starts in the afternoon, particularly late in the day. I've no problem with this, though I did feel left out once when I went to an early evening wedding without being informed that I could wear black tie and opted for a lounge suit and bow tie, as a result

At the most recent wedding I attended, the groom's cousin swapped out his morning suit and topper for evening tails, which is something I've long wanted to do, also

A very funny Taxi in Florence..

I have a very similar shirt. Are you coming to visit Cravte_N and I in London sometime?

I normally wear the boots with jeans or other more casual trousers. +1 on the "keyboard warrior" comment - had you used the "keyboard warrior princess" comment, that would have been in keeping with my theory about the actual personage in question, who I have theorized is actually a fat frosted blonde named Darlene, living in a trailer park, with an unfortunate affection for lime green capri pants and Smurf garden gnomes. To disprove the theory, the poster need only post photos - to date, none have appeared, hence the Theory of Darlene remains in effect.

You're a classy fellow, but then as you know something about antiques (if I recall right), that's no surprise

I was interested to know if you occasionally throw a higher heel in with your formal ensembles, as LK and I sometimes do (he moreso than I). I do think they're just as fun casually, and I am a fan of exotics, of course

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Once one spends long enough on SF, monthly cycles synchronise...
plain.gif
So many things have just become clearer!
crackup[1].gif

Yep, I think maybe that tie did need containment! I think there's enough texture and shade variety for the sweater to work as it is though - nice.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're a classy fellow, but then as you know something about antiques (if I recall right), that's no surprise
I was interested to know if you occasionally throw a higher heel in with your formal ensembles, as LK and I sometimes do (he moreso than I). I do think they're just as fun casually, and I am a fan of exotics, of course

The boots posted yesterday are my only exotics (to date), but I have been known to wear boots with suits on a few occasions, though usually boots more in keeping with suits (I have a pair of balmoral boots which need to come out of hiding with the advent of autumn) as opposed to yesterday's boots.

As for antiques, I know more than something about them, and with the passage of time, I'm becoming one myself.

FYI, I expect to be in London for about 10 days in mid-November, traveling with my partner, who is a subject of Her Majesty.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My small wardrobe is becoming repetitive already. I think I'm gonna decrease the frequency of my posts...

If at least the three pairs of troursers I ordered three weeks ago decided to arrive...
frown.gif

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
You are strongly takes place in my "top ten SF", and is closer to the top line! Thanks for your photos, sir!
nod[1].gif

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a small fuss going on another thread, partly about whether one could wear a red suit to work, so I thought I would wear a red jacket at least today to see if I could get away with it. Well, I know I can wear it here and no-one cares, but does it work? It's one of my occasional experiments with colour, so any constructive responses are appreciated.

Deets: 'Henry Fox' Merino Wool / cashmere blazer - Made in Italy, but it's basically a 'no-name' brand - found very cheap and I'm probably not keeping it; grey Ben Sherman OCBD; Corneliani tie; Dior PS (you can't really see in the photo, but it's basically teal in colour). Worn with dark blue trousers and C&J dark brown suede monks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads