• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMG_0714.jpg

I want to like this.

I do like this.

But the hat, the beard, and the plaid checks run close leprechaun-ville. To close to a self-referential parody without any irony. Or maybe there is and I'm just missing it.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been busy so I just skipped over 500 posts and have no clue what's going on in this thread. Anyhow...today. Some of us have to work on Saturday.

PB120195.jpg

PB120197.jpg

Apparently, i used a beach towel for a pocket square.
PB120198.jpg

PB120201.jpg

PB120204.jpg

I found a lightweight wool DB overcoat. Please note the adjustment away from skinny lapels.
PB120206.jpg

PB120207.jpg

PB120209.jpg

Brooks Brothers Madison 1818
Charvet tie
BB no iron slim fit
Florsheim Imperials (USA)
Costa del Mar sunglasses in the suit pics.
Ray-Ban 4026 "Shot: sunglasses in the overcoat pics.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think the shirt pattern and jacket pattern are too close in density. Somewhat confusing to the eye. Also, I'd swap in a darker hat. You're all light on top and dark on bottom. Need more balance.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I want to like this.
I do like this.
But the hat, the beard, and the plaid checks run close leprechaun-ville. To close to a self-referential parody without any irony. Or maybe there is and I'm just missing it.

No leprechauns are allowed at L&B...

I think the shirt pattern and jacket pattern are too close in density. Somewhat confusing to the eye. Also, I'd swap in a darker hat. You're all light on top and dark on bottom. Need more balance.

Agree, I like to try and push patterns, but a more subtle shirt would have been better. I also have a habit of being very dark/light imbalanced...agree again. Thanks for the feedback.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Agree, I like to try and push patterns, but a more subtle shirt would have been better. I also have a habit of being very dark/light imbalanced...agree again. Thanks for the feedback.

Or a louder shirt. I can imagine something with a much bolder pattern or color. Anything to create more differentiation.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I seldom comment directly in this thread.
If this represents how far you've come since first posted, you've learned and applied a lot of what you've learned. This looks very, very good as an overall look, even if some aspects of the fit are off. And to the extent that some things are off, they are no more off than many of the entry-level or developing world bespoke posted on SF.

Much of what I have learned has been a compilation of advice from some of the leading voices of this forum, with you (as the other guy who is no longer seen around here) being one of the first to offer me much needed assistance. It has been greatly appreciated, as has the help of everyone else. A special shout out to the SpooPoker who gently prodded with regularity and beat the rules of Tie/Pocket Square slubiness into my brain. While I readily agree that I am no Spoo, I have tried to emulate some of the things about him that I find most successful and fun.
Well done.

Thank you.
Two things:
1. Stop creeping out whnay. with that key fob. I don't think that he likes your stepping-off-thc-curb-for-no-reason shots either.

Is that what was giving him nightmares? The curb shot was my attempt at a "signature pose" along the lines of the "gnatty gneck", "Crusty Crouch" and of course, the SpooPose
00ae.png
and the Felix the Cat keychain was inspired by the Versace ring Spoo features in his fits.

2. That DB coat is kinda rockin'...I think, too rockin' for you.

Darn.

cronicmole

Reaction score

Much of what I have learned has been a compilation of advice from some of the leading voices of this forum, with you (as the other guy who is no longer seen around here) being one of the first to offer me much needed assistance. It has been greatly appreciated, as has the help of everyone else. A special shout out to the SpooPoker who gently prodded with regularity and beat the rules of Tie/Pocket Square slubiness into my brain. While I readily agree that I am no Spoo, I have tried to emulate some of the things about him that I find most successful and fun.
Thank you.
Is that what was giving him nightmares? The curb shot was my attempt at a "signature pose" along the lines of the "gnatty gneck", "Crusty Crouch" and of course, the SpooPose
00ae.png
and the Felix the Cat keychain was inspired by the Versace ring Spoo features in his fits.
Darn.

lol Spoo should take his own advice about the matchy pocket squre

sprout

Reaction score
The reason is because Dig is completely humble and open-minded about learning new things and receptive to advice. Most posters that get criticized have hissy fits and defend their choices, so they never improve.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
digmenow
even i can see a marked improvement in your outfit in the last few months that i've been active in this thread
well done
:slayer:
oh but i'd change out those point collars to at least a medium spread

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I probably nicked this from one of your tumblr's, but if I did, I'd never admit it :)
Black captoes are great in that they can go from day to night, no problem. Did you stand out in your outfit? There was some previous WAYWRN discussion on this previously. See Baron's poasts earlier.

I thought I could wear them, I just prefer shoes with a little more pizzaz :slayer:. Next time though.

They look like this IRL (in real light?). Thought there was enough difference there, but I agree that there wasn't much contrast, especially in that image.
blue_green.jpg

The colors look better in the close up you showed here.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to like this.
I do like this.

It looks like a bad disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads