1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

Debut of a new tie and pocket square. Also wearing my "test" moderntailor shirt, which is unfortuantely a bit short in the shoulders and sleeves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Should have got a body shot before I left the house [​IMG] )

2. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

3. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

WAYWRN Week in Review is now live: Click Here. Teaser: Rawhide Award: Phat Guido [​IMG] Mar. 25. Lyrics (for those who've forgotten): Rollin', rollin', rollin' Though mafoofan threads be swollen Keep them collars rollin' Rawhide! Rain and wind and weather Hell-bent for leather Wishin' Ethan (my tailor) was by my side. All the things I'm missin', Cupcakes, pins, and kissin', Are waiting at the end of my brog. Keep movin', movin', movin' Though SF assholes be disapprovin' Keep them felt flowers movin' Rawhide! Don't try to understand 'em Just shoot em quick and snark 'em Soon we'll be seein' trousers high and wide. My heart's calculatin' Hong Kong will be waitin', Be waitin' at the end of my brog. Move 'em on, head 'em up Head 'em up, move 'em on Move 'em on, head 'em up Rawhide! Count 'em out, ride 'em in, Ride 'em in, count 'em out, Count 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide!

4. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

5. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice. Is it still Donegal season in Los Angeles???

Mike

1 person likes this.
  6. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Rainy, crappy day in Atlanta. Pitch at an agency later, so I'm trying to strike a balance between contemporary/fashionable and credible (buyable). Second appearance of the new (to me) Alden medallions.

nice and classy AS. good luck with the pitch.

Phat's post reminds me, anybody catch the 60 Minutes sprezz' last night?

lolz ... i was wondering who else saw it.

nice fabric. suit fits you well.

7. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Temperatures dipped into the 40s this morning in the A ...

An excuse to wear flannel for one last time
    [​IMG]

more on the dark side ... ​

8. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Temperatures dipped into the 40s this morning in the A ...

[​IMG]

more on the dark side ... ​

Well, if you are going to go out with the last of the cold, at least do it in style.

Great suit, wish I could see the rest of it. (On Edit, I see the rest is on the blog. Looks good).

Is this a new Bespoke piece?

Mike

9. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

[​IMG]
    Sweet fabric [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great pics on the blog, Nii. But...no cuffs on the trou? [​IMG]

10. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    Monday - back to school.. ALL OF YOU [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oustanding, as usual. I love the fit and finish of your coats.
    [​IMG][/SPOILER]
    I've been going back and forth with pink gingham. Time to go forth, I think. Nice.
    Should do the trick, Acrid. Mike
    Thanks Mike.
    Debut of a new tie and pocket square. Also wearing my "test" moderntailor shirt, which is unfortuantely a bit short in the shoulders and sleeves. [​IMG][/SPOILER]
    You have peculiar tastes in ties and squares. I think that is fine, but I wish you'd go simpler with one or the other. I think a solid square would have worked better here.
    [​IMG]
    Nice.
    nice and classy AS. good luck with the pitch.
    Thanks.
    Temperatures dipped into the 40s this morning in the A ... An excuse to wear flannel for one last time [​IMG] more on the dark side ...​
    Quite nice.

11. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

SC Behr
    Pants Brioni
    Tie Hober
    ps T&A
    shoes Graziano & Girling
    Chairs Vioski

[​IMG]

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Grayt suit, nii.

13. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Very nice. Is it still Donegal season in Los Angeles???

Nice Donnie, Morgan.

California has been hammered with cold and rain for the last week. The sun finally came out up here today.

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

[​IMG]

Your bearing enhances everything you wear; looking good. Nice to have you posting here.

[​IMG]

Love that suit; thinking about something similar (albeit a few shades darker for next winter). Nice ensemble too.

Nii - that looks like a great suit. Given that bold fabric, I think you may be intrigued by a suit I just got back from alterations today. Will probably wear it tomorrow.

Clocks went forward over the weekend; enjoying a mild start to British Summer Time. I love the long light evenings.

[​IMG]

Interested in some feedback on two things with today's outfit, especially. Firstly, it's a new tie and I um'ed and ah'ed a bit about whether to use a white shirt or the blue one you see. Secondly, I was equally equivocal about whether to go for these shoes or black ones. Overall, I'm happy with how the look turned out, but I'm interested in other opinions too.

15. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Your bearing enhances everything you wear; looking good. Nice to have you posting here.

Love that suit; thinking about something similar (albeit a few shades darker for next winter). Nice ensemble too.

Nii - that looks like a great suit. Given that bold fabric, I think you may be intrigued by a suit I just got back from alterations today. Will probably wear it tomorrow.

Clocks went forward over the weekend; enjoying a mild start to British Summer Time. I love the long light evenings.

[​IMG]

Interested in some feedback on two things with today's outfit, especially. Firstly, it's a new tie and I um'ed and ah'ed a bit about whether to use a white shirt or the blue one you see. Secondly, I was equally equivocal about whether to go for these shoes or black ones. Overall, I'm happy with how the look turned out, but I'm interested in other opinions too.

Very nice HF

16. Pennyfeather

Pennyfeather Member

Happy New Year everyone.

I'm not going to attempt to catch up on the past few weeks but my New Year's resolution is to try and post more regularly!

New Year's day walk:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shoes: Barker 'Nairn'
    Jeans: Levi 501
    Flannel shirt: Uniqlo
    Waxed Jacket: Barbour 'Trooper'

Hi MoK:

Sorry for the very late response. Love the look. I've been thinking about getting a pair of Barker Nairns and I was curious. Do you consider them to be a strictly casual, jean shoe? Or are you able to integrate them into a slightly less casual look (e.g. grey flannels and tweedy SC)?

Thanks.

17. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

[​IMG]

I like the way the blue flecks in the tie pick up your shirt, or vice versa. Also the blue in the tie provides a nice mid tone from the light and dark. In my mind, this looks better than white would have. On the shoes, I think black would have blended with the suit too much.

18. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Senior member

19. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

You have peculiar tastes in ties and squares. I think that is fine, but I wish you'd go simpler with one or the other. I think a solid square would have worked better here.
    Actually switched to a flat fold with the same PS on a similar comment received elsewhere. It only shows burgundy with small burnt orange dots. I definitely agree that I should try to restrict myself to one "flashy" piece. edit: If I can ask though, what's really different between what I'm wearing and say, Holdfast's tie and PS combo? Both items he's wearing strike me as fairly bold. I'm not really asking to be defensive, I'm honestly just trying to figure out why his choice "works" but mine apparently doesn't.

20. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Turned out incredibly awful, but my wife made me promise to post this in exchange for taking the picture. I also trusted her on how much cuff was showing. Bad idea. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

At least shoes can't be messed up quite as badly...
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.