• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:inlove:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You know it's funny. I haven't really looked at any of the photos that I posted yesterday and today since I first posted them two years ago and seeing them now I actually said to myself..."WOW, i'd still wear that!" It has been nice to look back on my evolution and realize just how much I have actually learned from SF and that it is possible to develop a personal style while still remaining MC.

It was a long process of trial and error with some minor successes bookended by a lot of epic failures but in the end it was well worth it!

Cheers SF! :cheers:

Holy buckets! Welcome back Pand! Long time, no fit!

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-poast from friday challenge
Suit: El Corte Inglés Shirt: Mirto Tie: Canova's Club Hank: Put This On Shoes: Yanko Hat: Panamania
Holy crap! The firewall at my job is so strict most pics here are blocked so I totally missed this one!!! Now that is just awesome RD! I even dig the shoes and I'm not a tassles fan! :worship:

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday challenge Casual X-Post

32C yesterday, thunder and lightning this morning...who knows later!
British weather, be prepared!

-TTO

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I wonder about this hat. Love the colour, texture and style, all of which IMHO work with the overall fit. What I'm not so sure about is the height of the crown and the shape of the indents. The top indent seems to be structured into the hat (some trilbys are made this way - I have one myself), meaning you can't punch it further in to lower the crown. The side indents seem poorly formed and maybe they could be punched in just a little further. The other issue may be that the hat is a size too small, although I'm not convinced about this either. If the size is right, then basically I have to conclude that the hat is simply too tall - maybe by 1cm. In which case if I were you, I'd consign this one to the flames and look for a replacement in the same style but with an ever-so-slightly lower crown.

Hats are so damn hard to get right.

Stugotes

Reaction score
Sure, I'll concede that point. My fits won't be perfect until I go bespoke and get everything exactly the way I like it. But, you can post a pretty good fit in, let's say, half a year. Get a navy suit and a grey suit that fit right, a couple of grenadines and nice sevenfold ties with simple patterns, some light blue MTM shirts, simple black captoes, a white and cream square, and you'll look great all week long. There's arguably nothing to improve to those fits.

People (myself included) only start ******* up when they try to deviate from the rules.

Agree completely.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agree completely.

Ehh, not so sure, I think it's more complicated than that. Anyone can pick up those pieces, but getting the right fit isn't always as easy as it sounds, especially if your specific body type does not fit well into OTR clothing. I've seen plenty of grey suit/light blue shirt/tasteful tie/white linen square combos that look awful.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guise ^^^ great advice

Me-
H&H paisley
HC linen
BB SC
Vass, cordos

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ehh, not so sure, I think it's more complicated than that. Anyone can pick up those pieces, but getting the right fit isn't always as easy as it sounds, especially if your specific body type does not fit well into OTR clothing. I've seen plenty of grey suit/light blue shirt/tasteful tie/white linen square combos that look awful.

Thts's why I said, suits that fit well. You'll have to try a lot of brands to find what works for you, but that's why I said it'll take around 6 months. You can easily go by every shop and try on the different cuts, in order to find which work for you during that time, unless you have a weird body/are fat.

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thts's why I said, suits that fit well. You'll have to try a lot of brands to find what works for you, but that's why I said it'll take around 6 months. You can easily go by every shop and try on the different cuts, in order to find which work for you during that time, unless you have a weird body/are fat.

Took me awhile to find the right makers/cuts that worked for me. Although, now I've lost so much weight that I face the decision of whether to send my tailor's kids to college or re-wardrobe.
confused.gif

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Don't know about you, but in my world having a wife and children doesn't leave a ton of spare time for easily going by every shop and trying on different cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads