• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been experimenting today. I'm wearing a shirt I haven't worn in ages, because I despise the collar. So, I used a tiny safety pin and made a tab collar out of it. In combination with the brown rope-stripe suit the improvised collar gives the whole outfit an air of a 1930's gangster, but with a modern cut. I know that's usually a look that SF tries to avoid, but I'm having great fun wearing it!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CM - love the chairs

MF - bottom half, stellar. top half, not feeling it so much. sorry dood.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CM - love the chairs

MF - bottom half, stellar. top half, not feeling it so much. sorry dood.
No need to be sorry, it's not for everyone
smile.gif
I'd really like to get some more actual tab collar shirts, but they're so hard to find. On a side note, I was highly surprised that my company's CEO was wearing one when he was giving a speech, in what arguably is the most conservative sector in the most conservative city.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No need to be sorry, it's not for everyone
smile.gif
I'd really like to get some more actual tab collar shirts, but they're so hard to find. On a side note, I was highly surprised that my company's CEO was wearing one when he was giving a speech, in what arguably is the most conservative sector in the most conservative city.
I dig it, quite a but.

Get a tab collar made for you. I like Luxire.. send them a shirt to duplicate and say to give it a tabbed collar. :)

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dig it, quite a but.

Get a tab collar made for you. I like Luxire.. send them a shirt to duplicate and say to give it a tabbed collar. :)
Cheers, that's actually not a bad idea! Luxire has done a great job on all the other custom collars so far, especially the NOBD one, so I might just give it a try.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Photos taken just before trip for holidays in Rügen, Germany.

Nice. And although a little off topic, I just wanted to say that's a very beautiful and classy choice of vehicle you have there. Hope it's as reliable as it's pretty. :)

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
um, no they dont. there is equal amount of crap and great fits on both sides of the forum.

either way, lol that spoos fit caused any discussion at all. it was rather obvious he was enjoying a fun outfit for a night out on vacation.

and dont feed me the old line, "if you dont want feedback why post." he was posting just to share some of his vacation fun, not to ask if he looked alright for a day at the office.

try adding a little perspective to things guys, just a little.
---

conradwu - your fits have been really great. any chance we can get a full length fit?

Soon!

Eli Dion

Reaction score
Outrageous. Butler is always on point. Christ.

it just doesn't get any better than that-- inspiring. I find it interesting that the fits you post are classic, yet nothing less than modern somehow. what a great trouser, too.

Don Cologne, notice how your legs look wider and stubbier in your suit pix, compared with the red pants posted the other day/ longer and leaner. I have a similar issue, and have no choice but to slim the legs of my trousers with most makes as a result. I think it makes all the difference (Stitch seems to have reached a similar conclusion while back, fits have been spot on)

Wow, Butler's outfit is amazing. I really like how it's perfect for his complexion too.

Re: Don Cologne,

Does anyone think the jacket is just a tad too long? Foxx commented on Don's legs looking stubbier and I think the length of the jacket might also contribute to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads