• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

X-post from Challenge:

Steven Hitchcock SB, Harrison Saltire Cashmere windowpane & Ambrosi trousers in Minnis 300 flannel. Rubinacci tie, John Lobb St James's nubuck :bigstar:

c43o.jpg

fkhj.jpg

8nlc.jpg

Perfection! The view from the backside is what every coat ought to look as it shows proper length, neat back, and clean shoulders. "Fremragende" job of tailoring.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Butler, I don't know how old you are, but if you censored your face I would think you were 30 years old at most. Nice job at keeping yourself in good shape. I'm very jealous. No gayness intended, eh
smile.gif

And great ensemble as well, gray odd jackets sure seem to work best when the rest of the outfit is monochrome too.

Last edited:

Dewi

Reaction score

X-post from Challenge:

Steven Hitchcock SB, Harrison Saltire Cashmere windowpane & Ambrosi trousers in Minnis 300 flannel. Turnbull & Asser shirt with detached collar from Budd, Rubinacci tie, John Lobb St James's nubuck :bigstar::

c43o.jpg

fkhj.jpg

8nlc.jpg

Very well tailored, as expected. I must ask though, why the gauntlet/turn-back cuffs? Is there a certain connotation to them, a functionality, an historical reason, or is it purely a stylistic choice on your part?

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't wear the sport coat. Not because it's not nice, but because I can't pull that off. Especially in the mid-west. Same for the cuff-links. Which is why I'm glad Spoo is wearing them, so I can enjoy them vicariously. 

Keep it up Spoo. Keep it up everyone. So many great fits... hopefully I one day qualify for some good fits here.

This is not for you specifically, but how can you critique fits without ever posting yourself? I'd like to know who's giving the advice.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New application photos to get the membership in the awesome hair club

I like this outfit, but if you're going to wear your trousers that short you should really taper them from the knee onwards. It just doesn't work otherwise. About the hair, you won't hear me say this often, seen as I use product myself, but I actually liked it better without the pomade!

Ebonyman

Reaction score
I've always been of the opinion that I was a well dressed fellow. Then I began viewing this site and the fits worn by Victor, Spoo and Butler (along with an asian fellow who no longer seems to post here) convinced me that there was a "whole notha' level" to which I could only hope to aspire.

I don't mean to leave out any of the other extremely well dressed men on this site. It's just that those 4 immediately came to mind.

The sheer number of well tailored/coordinated items worn by Spoo is AMAZING!

One of the key things I've learned here is the importance of fit and correspondingly, the importance of having a good tailor.

Another great thing about this site is that if you observe long enough, you'll watch certain members evolve from fairly drab to dapper in a matter of a couple of seasons!

Good stuff

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from Challenge:

Steven Hitchcock SB, Harrison Saltire Cashmere windowpane & Ambrosi trousers in Minnis 300 flannel. Turnbull & Asser shirt with detached collar from Budd, Rubinacci tie, John Lobb St James's nubuck
bigstar[1].gif
:

c43o.jpg

fkhj.jpg

8nlc.jpg
I would've tucked in the pocket flaps, but otherwise this is damn near perfect! I don't think a better grey-on-grey-on-grey look exists.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
awesome beard club > awesome hair club

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
challenge accepted.jpeg

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've always been of the opinion that I was a well dressed fellow. Then I began viewing this site and the fits worn by Victor, Spoo and Butler (along with an asian fellow who no longer seems to post here) convinced me that there was a "whole notha' level" to which I could only hope to aspire.

I don't mean to leave out any of the other extremely well dressed men on this site. It's just that those 4 immediately came to mind.

The sheer number of well tailored/coordinated items worn by Spoo is AMAZING!

One of the key things I've learned here is the importance of fit and correspondingly, the importance of having a good tailor.

Another great thing about this site is that if you observe long enough, you'll watch certain members evolve from fairly drab to dapper in a matter of a couple of seasons!

Good stuff

I believe this is quote-worthy for a few of reasons.

1) I've learned so much from this site, it isn't quantifiable verbally. The most satisfying thing I've realized here, is what I really like on me; what MY style is. I think that is really the essence of being a member here (at least for me it is).
2) When I look at my closet now, there are very few items that don't fit the way I'd like. Those items are heading to the tailor this summer though in preparation for Fall/Winter.
3) When other people have "misses" with their fits, it helps me look at what I do and helps with my progression.
4) Watching other members progress is one of the coolest aspects of this community. Sure there are drama queens, red-asses, and fragile egos here, but there are some guys that have made excellent progress developing their own style. This can only come from good feedback and taking it to heart. InStitches, Timotune, and mktitsworth come to mind right away. I bet one day, we'll even see Stitches with a PS...one day.
5) I came here initially because I started caring about how I presented myself in and outside of my career. I feel like I've come a long toward that goal, and have progressed to where I'm proud to have found my groove sartorially, even though I still have plenty of progression left. Which is why I still come here and see what the other members are wearing.
6) The last, and by far the most important thing I have learned is that Derek is a phenomenal kisser. Seriously...very good...with a tender touch...and stuff.

Thanks for your post Ebonyman, I appreciated reading it.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6) The last, and by far the most important thing I have learned is that Derek is a phenomenal kisser. Seriously...very good...with a tender touch...and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads