• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is actually perfect (minus the hat).

I liked the addition of the hat...
uhoh.gif

I'd echo the comments of others that a more tapered leg would probably suit the truncated length better. Or at least, confirm its deliberateness to others. Mind you, sockless loafers does that anyway.

The whole discussion about trouser length - and more generally SF's attention to detail in this regard - reminds me of a description I read in a book the other day, of an unfortunate chap with OCD. I found the relevant excerpt online (couldn't copy paste for some reason, so took a screenshot instead):

A cautionary tale to avoid worrying about these things too much...!

What were you going for with this look?.

I like that you're asking this question of people.

The first example of WAYWRN?

The accountant who created the first book of fashion:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22766029
I was going to post that link myself, though I guessed someone would beat me to it. It's interesting, isn't it! And a lot more time-consuming to do it that way than a quick snap, crop & upload!

Lucky Monday; had my annual check-up at the dentist, and all remains A-OK. All the more reason to grin:

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the addition of the hat...
uhoh.gif

I'd echo the comments of others that a more tapered leg would probably suit the truncated length better. Or at least, confirm its deliberateness to others. Mind you, sockless loafers does that anyway.

The whole discussion about trouser length - and more generally SF's attention to detail in this regard - reminds me of a description I read in a book the other day, of an unfortunate chap with OCD. I found the relevant excerpt online (couldn't copy paste for some reason, so took a screenshot instead):

A cautionary tale to avoid worrying about these things too much...!

I like that you're asking this question of people.

I was going to post that link myself, though I guessed someone would beat me to it. It's interesting, isn't it! And a lot more time-consuming to do it that way than a quick snap, crop & upload!

Lucky Monday; had my annual check-up at the dentist, and all remains A-OK. All the more reason to grin:

Very nice SC and shoes! Have you tried creasing these chinos? I know's it's not everyone's taste, but it might help preventing how rumpled they look at the moment. Unless that's what you're going for!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think a lot of people have no response to that question.

this. which is why i think its a great question. if you cant even put forth a general idea of what you were trying to accomplish, it usually means you need to take a step back and think about what it is you are trying to do with your style. not just throw items together and hope for the best.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this. which is why i think its a great question. if you cant even put forth a general idea of what you were trying to accomplish, it usually means you need to take a step back and think about what it is you are trying to do with your style. not just throw items together and hope for the best.
It's indeed a great question, but do you think it would boil down to something like: 'who am I, and who do I want to be?' Your style is a representation of you are as a person, so that question cannot be answered easily for most. Of course I might be thinking in a too abstract manner, and sugar might've meant something entirely different with that question.

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So far, they seem to have no interest in answering it.
frown.gif

Asking the question is only the start...

Know not-knowing: supreme
Not know knowing: faulty

sly.gif

Very nice SC and shoes! Have you tried creasing these chinos? I know's it's not everyone's taste, but it might help preventing how rumpled they look at the moment. Unless that's what you're going for!

I do normally crease my chinos, but these are closer to jeans than chinos. They're not denim (I think they're a cotton/linen blend, from memory), but do have jean-style hip & rear pockets and seams, so I don't think they'd look right with a crease. They do need a wash & press though as they're looking particularly crumpled at the moment. I press them "sideways" (like you would jeans) so there isn't a centre crease even then. But the pressing neatens them up a bit, for sure.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Re. "The SB Question", as it should henceforth be known.

It's certainly worth considering. I do occasionally think "today I need to look serious business", or "today I'm going to look sharp, but keep it a little casual". But like Monkey says, sometimes that's equivalent to asking oneself "who and what am I?", which is a rather expansive question. Maybe an easier way to do it is to ask "who do I look like?" when adding the pieces together of a morning. Not in terms of "I want to look like SugarButch" (I totally do, maybe, in the winter anyway), but more "do I look like an estate agent, a banker, a professor, a businessman, a movie star, an extra from Miami Vice, a style guru or a douchebag, or a style guru who is a douchebag?". Etc.

In the mean time, that's a rocking whistle there, Roger. Might I suggest that the skirts are just a teensy bit generous? Perhaps it's the unfastened button - a SF standard, but not a rule I consider totally binding with DBs. (Go on, bring on the stones, I don't care!) Anyway, small thing. It looks awesome.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's indeed a great question, but do you think it would boil down to something like: 'who am I, and who do I want to be?' Your style is a representation of you are as a person, so that question cannot be answered easily for most. Of course I might be thinking in a too abstract manner, and sugar might've meant something entirely different with that question.

It could be a philosophical answer or something as simple as, "I want to look like Gordon Gekko."

Dewi

Reaction score

Glad the Holdfast Grin is back. The whole face blotted out thing was creepy.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stitchy,

In the mean time, that's a rocking whistle there, Roger. Might I suggest that the skirts are just a teensy bit generous? Perhaps it's the unfastened button - a SF standard, but not a rule I consider totally binding with DBs. (Go on, bring on the stones, I don't care!) Anyway, small thing. It looks awesome.
And thank you also mimo. I want to be sure I understand the 'skirts' comment - is it the bottom portion of the jacket that looks like it needs to be taken in? I'll add full fontal shot (ahem) to show the fit better:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads