• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

not sure how i feel about this...i havent worn a navy tie/navy blazer together. Is the texture enough to differentiate? thanks in advance for the opinions.

looks pretty good, but almost impossible to tell from the darkness and size of the pic. :(

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm considering returning to the bathroom for my pictures...I'm really not liking this lighting. I do, however, like the depth of field. Perhaps I should invest in something to replace the fluorescent?
The jacket looks shorter than your others. What color is the jacket? Can't really tell.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Derek,

I've worn a very similar tie with my navy blazer before. I thought it looked fine. I might have chosen a simple light blue striped shirt in this case, but I think we both would have had the same concept in mind.

yeah, agree on the shirt...i rarely wear this, and wanted to get it outta the closet for a bit. Kinda like stitch on saturdays. :lol:

I'd maybe swap it around and go for a stripey tie, and solid shirt.  With that lovely PS, I think it would be a perfect blazer look.  I think the problem is that, even with the shade and texture differentiated, the continuous solid  colour base in both items serves to bring the shirt to the forefront.  Which, I think, is where it shouldn't be.  Aside from not really liking the shirt (I just don't like any stripes bigger than a bengal on formal wear, sue me), I just feel that most things work better when the shirt is the canvas and the tie the painting.

I mean, it's fine and certainly not horrible, it's just not...perfect.  It's also been a very high-quality say so far!  As a partial solution, maybe a non-blue PS would help.  But the PS is the pick of the bunch for me.

as long as the tie/jacket work enough...im happy. I kinda like the shirt, and chose it because it was a little loud and wanted the shirt to be the forefront. I do agree that a sollid shirt and striped tie wouldve been optimal. but i wanted to wear the shirt. :embar:
thanks for the insight and kind words on the square!

looks pretty good, but almost impossible to tell from the darkness and size of the pic. :(

click on the image and it gets gigantic...sheesh...do you even internet bro? :poke:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not sure how i feel about this...i havent worn a navy tie/navy blazer together. Is the texture enough to differentiate? thanks in advance for the opinions.

Texture is fine, but I don't believe that the light this is shot under is bringing these out. Is there more contrast? If so, I like it.

Oh, and I did blow it up. The lighting still looks off. It's you though, I'm sure it looks good.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
once again, color representation in full pic is off. ugh. stupid overcast cloudy day. :cloud:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

click on the image and it gets gigantic...sheesh...do you even internet bro? :poke:

lol, see **** below. even in larger size its hard to see the contrast between the tie and SC.

and no, i do not know how the internet works. please teach me. :)

Texture is fine, but I don't believe that the light this is shot under is bringing these out. Is there more contrast? If so, I like it.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello again....
smug grin, new haircut, 53 year old suit showing some respectable wear.
-TTO

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello again....
smug grin, new haircut, old suit.
-TTO

I don't think this fully comes together. I like the suit - turnback cuffs are awesome - and I think it works with both the shirt and the shoes... but not together. You look very comfortable and relaxed in the suit, but the shirt is a very playful sort of relaxed, where as the shoes seem like a very laid back sort of relaxed - I'm not a tassel loafer hater but there's just an incongruity with them and this for me. I think the tie works with both and adds just a bit of quirk, but I would like this more if you had a cream shirt or a suede oxford of some sort, may be a little bit darker, this would be totally banging.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads