• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeamasterLux

Reaction score

Sorry I didn't take the trousers but I was a bit in a hurry at that point of time. The trousers are light grey flannel FYI, the shoes are tan suede chukkas from C&J.
Jacket is from Anderson & Sheppard,
Shirt is from Charvet
Tie is from Drakes

The rain and the snow will get there pretty soon, light grey flannel will have to go back into the wardrobe (way too easily stained with snow and rain)

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been kind of sick the last month and a half or so but back on my feet and back to work. Missed posting. Sorry for the crummy quality, I just have a macbook again right now but not for long. Suit is Polo, grey flannel. I wore black single monkstraps on the bottom. Tie is more gold than yellow. Never loved how this suit fits but I don't want to part with the fabric...Anyway, good work lately guys, I need to catch up on the thread!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/8100807461/]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/8100807461/[/url]

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably could've gone with an odd jacket today instead of a full suit, but meh. Worn with the J&M chelseas I wear whenever I have to wear a suit (they make me feel better). Saks house brand, wool silk blend BB tie and a very, very light pink mtm shirt.

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/531294/

Your picture is motion-sickness-inducing. But I like the combination.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very nice citan. you are putting together quite tasteful fits both here and in the casual thread. kudos.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been kind of sick the last month and a half or so but back on my feet and back to work. Missed posting.
Not my fave fit of yours (blue shirt would go a long way to letting me appreciate it more), but I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're feeling better. Sounds liek you've had a rough time recently.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
8627EF26-6689-457C-9C9B-C821A5D18AE4-14359-000015B804346211.jpg

IMG_6816.jpg
IMG_6813.jpg

Picture day and...and...and...

And thaaaaaaaaaa Yankees lose!:slayer:

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I too would be a fan of the blue shirt

Not my fave fit of yours (blue shirt would go a long way to letting me appreciate it more), but I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're feeling better. Sounds liek you've had a rough time recently.

If i can earn some brownie points back I knew this would be a criticism :( The shirt is a dark blue check if that helps. I was going to wear a blue shirt but I got lazy and went with the white that was pressed :embar:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
71B84B2F-7AD0-4164-87AA-93670A944553-3054-000001094BA3D0C4.jpg

0630FFE4-D7CD-4909-AAE2-3AC3596ED66C-3054-0000010944959CCB.jpg

New jacket.

Ermenegildo Zegna 100% cashmere “Duo” jacket, Milano cut
Staple Borrelli white shirt
Tom Ford unlined knit tie
Hermes white square
Martin Dingman blue alligator belt
Panta grey herringbone trou
DC Lewis Dubmonks

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nyr and spoo - fantastic combos, fellas.

spoo - that is one helluva SC. is the duo really truly reversible, and what does the opposite side look like?

Last edited:

Johnboy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quit obsessing about your thighs, man! We're not women.

I think these trousers look great, but there's a risk of their being what my daughter calls "ankle-bashers" when you walk. I think they need to be either a touch longer, or a touch more tapered. I'd go with the former personally, but the SF fashionistas will probably say go Italian i.e. stay short, but narrower. To me that's a little young and trendy, but then you might be younger and trendier than I am...

Yes I also thought they were "ankle bashers" as you put it, and they are already very "tapered' for what appears to be fairly classic trousers.

Yeah man, it's all about the thighs... and a good bubble butt - chicks dig it
satisfied.gif

lulz@u n00b

Thanks for the constructive comments guys, you seem to disagree that with short ankle bashers, it looks either as if one has grown out of them, or they shrunk in the wash, but not stylish, well not to my mind anyway.

Don't bash him, lol. I guess what he said would be right for a more "modern, stylish, streamlined look", but that just ain't what I'm after, and I don't think these trousers have a modern cut anyways
tongue.gif

I like cuffed pants to have little to no break, and don't mind showing socks when walking (not when standing, though). I was more concerned about the overall drape, but thanks for the feedback
smile.gif

Thanks for the first time Diaz..
The drape at the back of the thighs... maybe I'm just being a little OCD about it. I should post some back shots at the tailors' thread
smile.gif

and Thanks again Diaz,

I was trying to help constructively, You do dress exceptionally well almost all of the time. As you and "they" say, the chino's don't drape, but they look quite robust and masculine, even if not as suave as your upper body dressing.

I have taken the trouble to edit the pic you posted to show what i mean, also I see that NYRanger has got his trousers to a fine art in terms of break (and cuff). Best is that "they" (n0n-n00bs) seem to like it long as well, or at least they don't seem to hate what NYR has done, or know what they like TBH. I somehow think the group "bashing" frenzy kinda took over and they all had a bite.. oh well. ASPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads