• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

For the safety of those perusing this threak, I ask you place this under a spoiler. Lest you induce a seizure.

Last edited:

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another overcast day...

Preparing for flak re: the tie. :devil:

You know, I've always shied away from stripes with corduroy, always seemed like you'd be playing with fire mixing stripes and stripes (in some sense). Works here though. Tie is seizure inducing.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rdiaz, nice colors.

Javknot, combo looks good. the jacket is way too small. i disagree about the shirt collar, i think it looks great. 

whoa. sober up before you make comments like that. Cardigan with orphaned suit jacket is not a good look.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Playing around with some different texture contrasts today. Harris Tweed Vintage sportcoat, vintage tie bar, Billy Reid linen tie, Taylor Stitch custom shirt.

Not a fan of tie bars, especially in an informal context, but I like everything else. A lot of character, and I like how rough all the fabrics are.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you ask yourself the question of who owns more garish ties, holdfast or luftvier? The answer is: it's a tie.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Caption this photo with your favorite WAYWRN posters. Photo credit : voxsartoria.com.

Ill start, L-R :

UrbanComposition, MBreinin, [female omitted], AlbertHal, [female omitted], Butler, (insert SWD character), Timotune, RSS, w.o.e. is me

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spoo - those are all me.

nii - nice post, great fits

luft and TTO - awesome glen plaids

codeman92190

Reaction score
So, this is my first post on SF, but I've been lurking for quite a while. A few months ago I stumbled upon AAAC's WAYWRN thread and read through the whole thing before posting my own pictures. I mentioned how much I enjoyed NewYorkRanger's personal style, and someone mentioned that I should check out this website as well since he posted more here. Long story short, I'm 2038 pages down, and I've learned a lot so far, but I thought I would join the conversation.

I know a lot of people here prefer fit pics to lifestyle ones, but I don't really have best camera yet. Instead, I figured I'd show some pictures from my 22nd birthday celebration a few weeks ago:

First, my better half took me to see Count Basie's Orchestra at a local jazz club:

I was actually expecting it to just be a cover band, but a lot of them turned out to be surviving members of his actual actual orchestra.

This was from a few days later. Not sure what's going on with the shoulders in these pictures...

Parterre

Reaction score
Two terrible photos of two recent fits:

Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
SC: Huntsman
Trousers: J Crew
Tie: Paul Stuart
PS: J. Press

Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
SC: Huntsman
Trousers: Brooks Brothers
Tie: Brooks Brothers

Last edited:

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice-- a good example of a great lookin isaia suit. makes me anxious to wear mine next month when i'm back in the USA!

Another day in the office. Colors are a bit washed out. More difficult than you would think to get good lighting.
photo-5.jpg

Isaia suit
Kiton tie
Freddy Vandecasteele shirt
Robert Talbott square

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads