1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FillW

FillW Senior Member

Quote:I've found that everyone really takes notice if you're wearing a nice pocket square. They may not comment specifically on it but I think it definitely makes them notice you in a positive way. Spoo always looks great- it's a given thing.

2. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Totally agree. I've ordered some fancy patterned squares based solely on having seen so many nice ones here. As a concept, I always thought it might be too much, and stuck with white or solid blues etc (and this is a guy who has a pair of shark skin saddle shoes with green laces in them). But the Spoo and many others have inspired me to greater pocket square creativity, definitely. I think especially alongside a heavier, textured fabric, a lively pocket square adds a real zing and a counterbalance to the tie, that makes the whole look both more interesting and - through some trick of asymmetry - more natural somehow.

3. elduderino

elduderino Well-Known Member

Thanks! Jacket's probably too wide on the sleeves, still got the have it fixed.
    The pants are a bit loose, you're right, but i also habe a very long upper body and short legs, sadly. Not a good body for satorlististas ;)

Care to specify?

4. hpreston

hpreston Senior Member

Love this look.

Knit tie is black or midnight blue?

5. TehBunny

TehBunny Distinguished Member

Wow^ missed that post from TTO (in spoiler); details for everything you wearing there would be a charm :)

Thanks
    P.S.
    TTO who's your tailor (if you don't mind me asking); my build is similar to yours and I have trouble getting a fit that is as flattering as yours!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012

6. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

My photos are getting worse...sorry, will find a better way one of these days. *Improved robo added!*

This is the nearest I get to tweed at the moment. A bit warm but not spending much time outside today, and I do like this jacket. Left the pocket square today though, all mine seem to be white or some kind of blue; too "matchy", and white just doesn't work. Waiting for something new in the mail, but today i'll just go without.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love this tie; deserved a picture of its own to show the weave. Aquascutum, one of my favourites.

[​IMG]

And normal service resumed re. offensive socks/shoelaces, but I am a bit more casual today after all.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012

7. upr_crust

upr_crust Distinguished Member

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's back to work we go (after a three-day weekend). The weather is cooler in NYC, and I can now dig out the double-breasted and three-piece suits from their hiding places.

Suit, shirt, and tie - BB
    PS - RLPL
    Cufflinks - The British Museum (in honor of Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee)
    Shoes - Finsbury

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Elegantly Wasted

Elegantly Wasted Senior Member

Your jacket looks tight around the belly. :uhoh:

9. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

It isn't; must be the unnatural stance. Then again, I have just had lunch, and look like I need to pull my trousers up too...

Anyway, do you like it? I can tell you like it. Go on, admit you like it.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012

10. luftvier

luftvier Distinguished Member

Southwick flannel and John Comfort madder tie.

[​IMG]

11. Elegantly Wasted

Elegantly Wasted Senior Member

[​IMG]

:eek: Sorry, I can't say that.

12. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

I know, honey. Then where would we be? [​IMG]

13. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Close up the shirt pattern maybe jangles with the suit texture, especially as they're both similar shades. But man, that fishbone is phenomenal. Great look.

14. TTO

TTO Distinguished Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -TTO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.