• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back to the old house:
IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_6002.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm not following you, Rambo. It's a cream (or perhaps stone) suit. Or are you asking about something other than the jacket/slacks combo?

apologies. it sort of looked like the jacket and pants weren't a suit, but an odd matching combo.

Back to the old house:
IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_6002.jpg

i really want to like this one but the like beige pants look like they clash a bit. a different, darker color might work better there.

twenty3

Reaction score
I believe a solid blue shirt may have been a better choice. MadMen helped me appreciate the sensual curve of the 3 button jacket lapels as they melt in to the jacket's quarters when only the middle button is buttoned....though I may never wear a 3 button jacket myself, mine eyes hath been opened.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitedcboy

Reaction score

Here is maybe better quality on the details, but you are right I feel the same way it's to ''busy''

I don't think it is too busy. I like an active combination at times. I think in person, instead of a photo view, the violet striped shirt would have flair. I really like the suit.
I would probably try to subtly see the details of what you were wearing if I encountered you in public. By that I mean some outfits you see and you immediately know what the items are and it requires no further thought. Not that it is a bad outfit, just a bit predictable. This is not predictable but not garish or too dandy or anything of the sort.

Last edited:

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know that I like bengal stripes with any striped suit, honestly. Especially not purple stripes. I think it would work if the bengal stripes were smaller in scale, but it still wouldnt be as good as a solid shirt.

good or bad/better or worse - I'd say neither is right. More conservative, certainly. Too often SF group think conflates good with conservative and vice-versa. I am a creative/work in a creative field... this would be a fairly conservative outfit by the standards of some.

One might argue this violates the "rule" two patterns for biz/suit and three patterns for more casual... there are other things I might pick on with fit but as a 3-pattern match, I think this is fairly appealing.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice about Paris. Special thanks to Fuuma for providing the best information yet.

Patterns & colors. Looks very flat and lifeless because of flash.

twenty3

Reaction score

Navy suit; white with blue window-pane shirt; dark red tie (looks brighter than IRL). This may be the last time I wear this as a full suit for a while. My wallet wore a hole through my pants today at school... guess I'll have to buy new navy suit pants.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
twenty3, you lose points for having an iPhone case with a hole for the Apple logo.

My work here is done.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here is maybe better quality on the details, but you are right I feel the same way it's to ''busy''

What a nice look for the morning

Change the tie to a plain one and it will be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads