1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Very nice, Parker. What are the boots and trousers?

2. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

(massachusetts) ...

I like the clean look of this tie with the coat. However, the pocket square clashes with the stripes of the tie. To wear this ps, a solid tie would work better. Or, if keeping the striped tie, a more neutral (solid?) ps would work. I like the socks, but not with this tie. Argyle v stripes

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

could you get a tiny bit more detailed? I thought the tie and PS went great together. I just dont understand why it "isnt bad", I can take criticism but I'd like to know what to change in the future....

The pale stripes of the tie and the pale check of the PS fight with each other. The colours are okay.

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]

Whoa.

Tell me more about this one.

5. Qelsem

Qelsem Active Member

The basic leisure look: quilt jacket, corduroy cap, cashmere sweater, gingham country shirt, woollen Fraser tartan tie, thick corduroy trousers, camel hair scarf, veldtschoen boots and a bridle leather shoulder bag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

7. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    Those are some ugly-ass socks, ace. SC is beautiful but looks too snug, and that's coming from a guy who really likes snug SCs.

Nice SC, TB.
    Thanks, Mike. Gonna give me a pass on the pink shirt this time?

I think it's the low contrast top half combined with a fairly dark bottom half that jars slightly. If the trousers were a bit lighter or the tie a bit darker the two halves would work together better.
    Thanks for clarifying, MoK. I see exactly what you mean.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

SC is beautiful but looks too snug, and that's coming from a guy who really likes snug SCs.

I told you he was Spoo-ish.

9. Navi

Navi Senior member

I like the clean look of this tie with the coat. However, the pocket square clashes with the stripes of the tie. To wear this ps, a solid tie would work better. Or, if keeping the striped tie, a more neutral (solid?) ps would work. I like the socks, but not with this tie. Argyle v stripes

I dont see it, the checks on the PS are much smaller than the tie stripes and its not like my socks are right next to my tie clashing. But thanks for clarifying.

10. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    I told you he was Spoo-ish.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

11. Breakbot

Breakbot Member

12. acecow

acecow Senior member

Some great looks today dudes... keep it up! Ill just be sitting here in my jeans, dadding it up and what not [​IMG]

BTW, Navi and acecow sporting some SpooPoses there.. [​IMG] Surely jockeying for the voat gents?

You look like Spoo's protege today, Ace. [​IMG] I really like that SC.

Hehe. I see what you're talking about. Hmm... I suppose, Spoo and I have similar body shapes and both prefer slim jackets with a lower buttoning point. In any case, it's a flattering comparison, since I think Spoo looks awesome in his jackets.

The PS and belt I could live without, everything else is [​IMG]
    That fit is dowloaded into my "fitstoemulate" folder.

[​IMG] looks better with no socks [​IMG]

Had to jeans it up today & snake a plugged up drain. Fun!

Thanks.

I think it needs a different tie - it's very close to the SC. If it was a dark navy I think the whole would work better.
    Nice SC.

Thanks. I agree. Although, the photos came out too bright for some reason. I thought it looked better in the mirror.

The basic leisure look: quilt jacket, corduroy cap, cashmere sweater, gingham country shirt, woollen Fraser tartan tie, thick corduroy trousers, camel hair scarf, veldtschoen boots and a bridle leather shoulder bag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really-really dig this. It's different and very cool.

Those are some ugly-ass socks, ace. SC is beautiful but looks too snug, and that's coming from a guy who really likes snug SCs.

Possibly, yet some women found them quite desirable. [​IMG]

I agree on the SC. It was tight from the start and on top of that I gained a little weight during winter. I need to let it out an inch.

Thanks for the criticism, guys! I learn a lot from you.

13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nice pieces, but stick to a solid wool tie with that shirt, or swap the shirt for a plain twill.

14. acecow

acecow Senior member

Yesterday: Changed into something more appropriate for a night out and went to listen to some jazz.

[​IMG]

15. Navi

Navi Senior member

Some great looks today dudes... keep it up! Ill just be sitting here in my jeans, dadding it up and what not [​IMG]

BTW, Navi and acecow sporting some SpooPoses there.. [​IMG] Surely jockeying for the voat gents?

Hah, I tried it out just for kicks and it turns out its one of the few poses I can take pictures of and not look retarded [​IMG]

16. SpooPoker

Hah, I tried it out just for kicks and it turns out its one of the few poses I can take pictures of and not look retarded [​IMG]

Why do you think I do it? [​IMG]

acecow - GREAT tie. You dont have to sell me on purple. Actually, my challenge pick this week was almost best purple. Still might be if I ever win another. Deets on the tie?

17. acecow

acecow Senior member

Why do you think I do it? [​IMG]

acecow - GREAT tie. You dont have to sell me on purple. Actually, my challenge pick this week was almost best purple. Still might be if I ever win another. Deets on the tie?

Aye, thanks. Actually, this was inspired by your purple sweater a few weeks ago. The tie is J. Crew, cotton.

18. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Acecow - nice fits!

19. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks dudes. That jacket was made by WW Chan from Holland & Sherry cloth.
    Pants are light gray cords and shoes are Brooks Bros Peal chukkas.

20. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.