• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
What do you think of the way people dress in Moscow nowadays? I haven't been back there in more than 3 years. I'd like to know if it changed at all.
Как сейчас люди одеваются в Москве? Я там не был уже больше трех лет и, если честно, тогда еще не особо интересовался одеждой. Ваш стиль наиболее приближен к идеальному, поэтому ваше мнение мне особенно интересно. Спасибо.
Dress up in different ways. In its mass is not very good.
Many people try to be stylish, but draw from the inspiration of fashion industry with sad consequences. The result is too vulgar and tasteless, or just screaming.
Others - just trying to copy, but forget about the proportions, the basics. Forget about the fact that if one person is kind of clothes - it does not mean that the same clothes and go to another person. And this is very important!

But there are those - who in one way or another success followed in the classical style.
But for the most part - it's business style - where the strong, but a bit boring suits. But in the spirit of tradition.

Enthusiasts from the classic style of learning and applying old knowledge to a little bit, but they are.
And every year it becomes more of such.
And it was good.

And doubly good that there are a lot of Intrenet foreign resources, blogs and forums where there are people who can learn.

One of the brightest representatives of the resource - this forum.

Thank you, guys!

Одеваются по разному. В массе своей не очень хорошо.

Многие пытаются быть стильными, но вдохновение черпают из фешн-индустрии с печальными последствиями. Результат получается слишком вульгарным или просто безвкусным и кричащим.

Другие - просто пытаются копировать, но забываю о пропорциях, основах. Забывают о том, что если одному человеку какая-то одежда идёт - то это совсем не означает, что та же одежда пойдёт и другому человеку. А это ведь очень важно!
Но есть и те - кто в тем или иным успехом следуют стилю в классике. Но большей частью - это бизнесс стиль - где строгие, но немного скучные костюмы. Но зато в духе традиций.
Энтузиастов от классического стиля изучающих и применяющих старые знания к себе немного, но они есть.
И с каждым годом таковых становится больше.
И это хорошо.

И вдвойне хорошо, что есть в интренете множество зарубежных ресурсов, блогов и форумов, где есть люди у которых можно учиться.
Один из яркий представителей такого ресурса - этот форум.
Спасибо, парни!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Now, now. There's a long tradition of loafers sans socks. You must allow for regional idiosyncrasies. He's not doing it quite right (which he acknowledges), so let's move on.

why?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey, cool car - the first car I ever bought was a Fiat. Mine was a little bit later model, though - a Spider 2000 Turbo instead of a 124. What a nightmare of a car that was...

wow, i wasn't aware that fiat ever had a turbo on the market. why a nightmare?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Now, now. There's a long tradition of loafers sans socks. You must allow for regional idiosyncrasies. He's not doing it quite right (which he acknowledges), so let's move on.

why?

The leg opening of his pants is too large. With a slimmer pant, he'd be fine.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ever paid for any Italian factory spares?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ever paid for any Italian factory spares?

yes, rims. i only owned one italian car and it was a basic fiat uno. my first car.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey, cool car - the first car I ever bought was a Fiat. Mine was a little bit later model, though - a Spider 2000 Turbo instead of a 124. What a nightmare of a car that was...

I know nothing about cars, but should I be embarrassed to say that I really love the look of that fiat?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holdfast
"Would prefer it w/o a tie. BTW, I just saw the Soviet era Sherlock Holmes seris; is your avatar him?"

That's right. I like this guy and his Sherlock. One of the my favorite movie from my Soviet childhood
smile.gif

I really enjoyed the series, esp the first couple of movies. He's a good Sherlock, if slightly more emotionally demonstrative than I like in Sherlock. Good music, too.

And just to keep things vaguely on topic, the vintage costuming is great. The high-buttoning, double-breasted waistcoat on one of Watson's suits is interesting, as is his rather vivid houndstooth suit.

DKSnider

Reaction score

The turbo model only lasted for one year - 1982, right before they discontinued the car. A lot of the problems were due to terrible maintenance before I bought the car - within the first few months I ended up needing to replace the transmission and the vast majority of the rear suspension. The turbo was also a source of headaches - for a while, whenever I got onto the gas to spin the turbo up, the whole car would buck like the engine was stalling out. We never really figured out the source of that issue - the mechanic did a general tuneup and the problem went away. Paying for parts all the time just got to be too much.

It was a hell of a lot of fun when it was running well, though - especially as a high school kid.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads