• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im not quite ready to put those on yet.
:laugh: I black marketed this tie... but its the only thing of yours that I didn't buy directly from you. The other 7 or 8 ties, and 8 pants all came from you. Thanks for making them. :) wheres that purple grenadine now?

It was a black market tie swap of sorts :laugh:

I will add some advice though, never sell/trade your Panta ties!

photobucket-5032-1322599908050.jpg

I wish I wouldn't have worn this shirt, but I have been neglecting ironing and this was my only clean light blue shirt that went with the three piece suit I was wearing.... well it wasn't a striped shirt at least.

The tie is from Forex, picture doesn't do justice to the colour! I am wearing my recently acquired Samuelsohn three piece chalk stripe suit, I had the coat off when I took the picture

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just starting to feel like I am layering and matching patterns reasonably ok. Is there any reason not to wear this windowpane shirt with this windowpane jacket?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just starting to feel like I am layering and matching patterns reasonably ok. Is there any reason not to wear this windowpane shirt with this windowpane jacket?

I'm not a big fan of two articles of clothing having a windowpane pattern, doesn't look terrible to me though since the SC is very dark, and the windowpane is dark as well.

It's pretty ******* horrible.

Care to elaborate?

I hate small lapels, but otherwise I kind of like the coat.

Last edited:

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's pretty ******* horrible.

I figured you would love it Matt. Glad to see my instincts were solid. :)

Care to elaborate?
I hate small lapels, but otherwise I kind of like the coat.

This should be good.

Mad man DB?
It actually looks quiet cool, I have no objection

BBBF.

Mike, while not my style I have no issues with it except for the tie. It seems nice enough and I like a repp/regimental in this context but too matchy matchy in this outfit for my tastes.

Yep, it is matchy-matchy. No doubt.

Mike

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your kind comments to previous pics.
Pic is even crappier than usual
PS is a bit too exuberant in the pic, pulled it in later

aj_del this looks great, what color were the pants?

Dark grey trousers. I wear light blue and dark grey trousers 80% of the days I go to office

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^thanks aj. everything looks great like i said before but the jacket fabric is really awesome.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Self face palm is in order, wanted to say light blue shirts and dark grey trousers to office every day

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a fan at all of the latest Holdfast, far too busy.

In hindsight, you're not wrong. I looked at it again today and wondered what I was thinking using those shoes and trousers with it... I still kind of like the waistcoat/tie/shirt despite it being busy... but not with those jacket/trousers/shoes at all. Thanks to you and a couple of others for the honest critique.

Dressed more soberly today. I had to go into London for an appointment; I really don't like visiting the capital as getting anywhere seems to take twice as long as it should and it's just too busy & grimy for my liking. I did treat myself to a pretty cool Drakes unicorn-patterned silk/wool pocket square on the way home by way of ameliorating the day, however.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Bring the hate, friends.
BBBF1.jpg

BBBF2.jpg

Jayzus, Mike. Narrow and notched lapels on the DB? You're staking your claim, brother. How is this look playing in New Orleans today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads