• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Moo, even you have to admit that was a pretty good line from Trini. But I have to wonder, why are you fighting with . . . a Canadian? Leave him to his hockey, cold weather, and funny accent. It's beneath you.

bgrn1883l.jpg

- B

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
eh.gif
shog[1].gif
butbut.gif
lookaround.gif
patch[1].gif
uhoh.gif
puzzled.gif

I was primarily speaking of my own history (and perhaps of my own taste at this moment as well). I don't really get your ties (and dig everything else), but you've defended it enough times, to where I understand that it's "your thing," and that is fine. Holdfast is a great example of balance to me - he can do both (the quiet and the loud) and very well at that. He also has the most important element of all - personal style.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Why? If I stare at it long enough, is a picture of a well-dressed person supposed to appear out of that camouflage pattern?
Are you taking over for PocketCircle as the forum ass?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
I was primarily speaking of my own history (and perhaps of my own taste at this moment as well). I don't really get your ties (and dig everything else), but you've defended it enough times, to where I understand that it's "your thing," and that is fine. Holdfast is a great example of balance to me - he can do both (the quiet and the loud) and very well at that. He also has the most important element of all - personal style.

Holdfast is a perfect example of the flash and bang with the elegance. He nails what I try to do 99% of the time. Maybe I will try something more soporific tomorrow, see how it feels.
smile.gif

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Lovely looking grenadine (I need to increase my collection) and nice PSs.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Great outfit, and I also love the atmospheric lighting of this shot. Terrific colors and shadows.

2 of the best pictures of the week. A+ on both. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. Trying to reach your levels of consistency. I'll try to keep the photo quality up.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Really good. Worth a requote, and nice to have you posting again. Hope things are returning to an even keel.

Cheers Holdfast. Getting there.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Third wearing of this jacket; slowly starting to wear it in...
Softening nicely. Shoes look great.

I love the look, MoK, but am confused by the fit. It seems to me that the jacket is a bit too long and the slacks a bit too baggy. Could be the pose, I suppose, or are those features part of the retro vibe you're working?

Pose and wind probably exaggerate it, but it is fairly relaxed fitting.
Originally Posted by aeglus
It's a linen suit for hot weather, they're just baggy by nature. It's for relaxing. Jacket does look like it might be a little long though.
I think it's mainly the pose, I'll check next time I wear it
smile.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow! Can this kid accessorize, or what? Walk proudly, young man.

Then hand 'em over, bub.

Originally Posted by apropos
+, oh, maybe a thousand quinquagintillion.

+++
smile.gif

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I expect my ties and general style not to mesh with the general vibe here, however, I am not looking to turn down the volume, or post quiet looks to fit the vibe. Personal taste is personal taste. I would never in a million years wear the "Friday" shirts oldog wears, but its his "thing" and I commend him for it. I do appreciate the notes you guys make when I royally eff up though
lol8[1].gif

confused.gif
that's what I don't get. All I hear is that looking bad is someone's "thing".

I think this is a great effort, and you've avoided the typical n00b temptation, which is to go absolutely over the top. I did that and am STILL working on taming it down. For example, I have a bag of VK Nagrani socks that I will never wear again ... I think some of the best dressed members on here practice "Quiet is the new Loud," and even if they do have a flamboyant streak from time to time, they balance it well with the rest.

THANK you.

Aah, there's the "thing" again. I'm wondering if anyone actually believes that or just says it because it's more convenient.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Less dandified today - first experiment with MTM.

Cloudier and still windy...

20100616_main.jpg

20100616_detail.jpg

20100616_shoes.jpg

20100616_end.jpg

Shoes: Barker 'Lincoln'
Suit: MTM Holland & Sherry
Shirt: TM Lewin
Tie: Michelsons
PS: unbranded silk

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

20100616_main.jpg

The background is just as stunning as that fit. The shoes are WIN WIN WIN
drool.gif
. Well done.

And yes, this picture deserves to be requoted (many times after me, I presume)

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20100616_main.jpg

Freakin' amazing! (And posted by a guy who doesn't think he's photogenic.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads