• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
everybody's favorite short coat
IMG_7013.jpg

Deets on the denim, Rob. Are they selvedge?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
Deets on the denim, Rob. Are they selvedge?

These are JCrew vintage slim selvedge, Lou. They are so soft and comfy but not the best to wear a tucked n shirt and tie with as they are fairly low rise. I kinda think selvedge is a little overrated...the most important thing for me is the wash of the denim...some are better soft, some better raw.

dr. locktopus

Reaction score
Wow...physics and math. Looks good man, I'd add a square...give it a bit more "pop"...white works with almost everything. If I were nitpicky, I'd say the jackets a bit short, but so are some of mine.
Thanks NYR. I have no whitish square, I lost it just after my sister's wedding and haven't replaced it yet. Saw some on the weekend but didn't wanna drop $40 on it. And the jacket was a 38R OTR from H&M... I was expecting it to be short, but the sleeves were the right length (and it was $80), so it worked for me.
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
I like the shirt/tie combination.
Thanks! Today = Much better pics, and way too much break in the pants.
4519336666_82e910d58f_o.jpg

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
You once complimented the collar of a Hemrajani shirt I posted (one of the ones below I think). If you work with Joe enough and don't have sky-high expectations, the results can be quite good. They won't get the same roll as some of the higher-end Italian makes, but I think that's due to inferior fusing quality. I stick to unfused shirts of medium thickness and am quite pleased.

That looks considerably better than my iterations. I don't think I've ever gone unfused. Perhaps I should give that a shot before I entirely give up. I still recommend their service to people, because I think it's a great value. I've just become annoyingly fussy.

everybody's favorite short coat

IMG_7013.jpg

I think the coat looks considerably better worn casually with jeans and unbuttoned. Generally, I'm not a huge fan of the sport coat and jeans look, but I think you're one of the few people, along with NOBD, who pulls it off well.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
You once complimented the collar of a Hemrajani shirt I posted (one of the ones below I think). If you work with Joe enough and don't have sky-high expectations, the results can be quite good. They won't get the same roll as some of the higher-end Italian makes, but I think that's due to inferior fusing quality. I stick to unfused shirts of medium thickness and am quite pleased.

114zb.jpg

4151145715_1d30290df5_o.jpg

Are these collars their standard offering or have you asked them to copy your shirt? Also,I suspect collars with no interlining will start to flap,does that happen to your collars when you don't wear a jacket?

Pennyfeather

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Spring is still a bit shy over here: cold mornings. Hence the Montedoro (sans inner coat) and a nice thick oxford with a pale blue stripe. And a spring scarf, of course.

totaal1.jpg
totaal2.jpg

detail1a.jpg
detail2.jpg
detail3.jpg

I love this ensemble. And I especially like the chukkas, which is surprising because I've always thought of the C&J Tetbury as a too-pointy-for-me shoe. But in your pic they don't look pointy at all. Would it be too much too ask how tall you are and what UK size Tetbury you're wearing? If I had reason to think the Tetbury might look approximately this good on me, I'd seriously consider buying a pair. Thanks.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Day In The South

Just trying to enjoy a few relaxing minutes on the porch after along day.

DSC02895.jpg

DSC02896.jpg

Shirt=PL
Pants=M&O
Belt=TB
Shoes=Alden
Watch=Accutron Chrono

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
502707912_deKXx-XL.jpg
- B

Not such a fan of the one-button, but will say the indoor shot works better for me than the outdoor version. Love the St. Crispins on the other shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads