• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Thanks for commenting - this is interesting because I can simultaneously see exactly why you would think this, yet it's a combination I personally really like. This may well have something to do with working environments - suits are normal where I work but ties much less so... so a slightly more casual tie may subconsciously appeal to me for that reason. Or maybe I just like it.
smile.gif

Good enough for me... Could you pull off a slightly more casual suit in your working environment?
(Misschien vind ik zakenpakken gewoon saai...)

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daniele6
Hope this helps:
Those buttonholes are teardrop-shaped

Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
Wow, I always thought that you dedicated yourself to the service of a local artisan... did you actually use several international tailors?
I have used some, visited many. When you live in a region where bespoke services (in every business from shoemaking to furniture) are still alive to such a great extent, I feel it would be hybris to play the expert on Teh Forvmz without actually knowing (i.e. not only having read about) the subject.
With that being said, I very much advocate using local makers wherever (quality-wise) possible so that it will still be possible for the next generation to do the same and not having to travel to foreign countries for what is, to most people, "only a suit". After all, most of the tailors we praise here have once been local makers (before "marketing advisors" discovered their potential brand value).

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
why? we are "Vass'onista's"

which is a good thing. keep it going.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
Undergoing liquidation? Over-spent on bespoke suits and shoes?

I underspent on decorators.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
I love this suit, and the tie is a great choice.

Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
Great choice of lining colour.

Originally Posted by tshaw

T

Originally Posted by Kaplan
Good to see yfyf back.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
It's not WAYWRN without him.

- B

Originally Posted by thefreeman
Great plaid.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Awesome. It appears you were missed.

Thanks chaps, most appreciated.

Originally Posted by goldknots
Likey Likey, deets on watch....

JLC Reverso in pink gold, I didn't realize the reflection wiped out the face.

Better picture:

YFYF-2010-02-06-re-1.jpg

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
Haven't been here in a while.

Suit: Grey Paul Stuart suit
Tie: Charles Alexander custom
Pocket Square: Charles Alexander custom
Shoes: Brown Paul Smith

Elegant whilst relaxed looking.
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Last few days...

Yesterday, Parent Teacher Conferences...of course the parent you want to see aren't showing up...oh well.

The 3-piece looks great and whilst I'm not sure I'd have the cojones to wear that jacket, it is fun
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Vitaly
Fine look! At once have looked younger;-) On you all as poured in!
Day)

I like these a lot. Great trousers.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Thanks for the feedback. Obviously, personally I thought it was fine (if dull), but your comments made me wonder whether you felt if it was one pattern in particular, or just too many together that made you feel it was off. It's always interesting to learn how others are "seeing" one's outfits.
I think it is one pattern too many - the colours are all fine. I think swapping the tie out for a plain grey - preferably a cashmere would pull everything together.

Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Still awaiting good light as I refuse to use the flash.

Happy with texture of this fit but the pants need more work. New HY twill still way too long.

Nice combining as usual. To my eye the pants don't look too bad as is for relaxed cotton pants - are you after a slightly slimmer look?
Originally Posted by Doral
Getting Ready for Spring Break!

Time to break out the straw hat. I should get a lot of wear from this one here in this Texas heat and sun.

Hat suits you and I like the sweater.
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Home after 3 days away:
Very nice today. Love those shoes.
Originally Posted by Jerome
I somehow feel that I have to post an image here from time to time so that I can better get away with my crazy (verbal) madness otherwise.
I like it - the scarf works well.
Originally Posted by JPJ
C&theD suit
CT shirt
PS tie

Looks good. what do you think of C&theD?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
With that being said, I very much advocate using local makers wherever (quality-wise) possible so that it will still be possible for the next generation to do the same and not having to travel to foreign countries for what is, to most people, "only a suit". After all, most of the tailors we praise here have once been local makers (before "marketing advisors" discovered their potential brand value).

well said.

and a bonus for keeping the craft alive in the regions. green, green grass of home.

JPJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent

Looks good. what do you think of C&theD?

MoK, good value and a good company to deal with.

I bought two suits, a blue one button (I went back and had the sleeve pitch adjusted) and the grey suit in the picture. I think they have my measurements sorted out now so any further suits will be spot on.

BTW, I'm quite impressed by the CT slim fit shirts, much better than TM Lewin for the same money.

JPJ

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JPJ
MoK, good value and a good company to deal with.

I bought two suits, a blue one button (I went back and had the sleeve pitch adjusted) and the grey suit in the picture. I think they have my measurements sorted out now so any further suits will be spot on.

BTW, I'm quite impressed by the CT slim fit shirts, much better than TM Lewin for the same money.

JPJ

Thanks - they seem very good value.

re. the shirts, I've had a few from both and not found a consistent pattern, the fabrics have varied so much. CT's collar stays are nicer though
smile.gif

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^very noice^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixelized