• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Freeze My Balls Off II Monday:

[click photo to travel back to the Jurassic]

Steed (Edwin DeBoise) DB bespoke suit in Smith & Co. 11oz flannel (for those of you who care, this is a model with the front cut)
Dege & Skinner (Robert Whittaker) bespoke shirt in Acorn Grange, barrel cuffs
E. G. Cappelli (for A Suitable Wardrobe) lined six-fold tie
Drakes wool and silk square
Thurston suspenders with the much lamented cat gut ends
Gallo socks
Vass Old English, antique cognac shell cordovan, F last
Tiffany Etoile band in platinum
A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia (gen I) in white 18k, midnight blue face and band
Tom Ford sunglasses

- B

Nicely done. My only nit: a bit more dimple on the tie.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Gnatty,

Very nice. Really like the suit/tie/shoes combo

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Skinny,

What if Vox's pockets were really askew, and not just because he rushed out of his car and snapped the photo? Does the emperor have no clothes? I think the poster was not being inappropriate in bringing this to Vox's attention. As it turns out, it was not a defect. But in theory, it could have been, however unlikely. Flying off the handle at this comment is really unjustified.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime

DSC03402.jpg

Lobb d.monks (in house bastardize Chestnut hue) - switched to Alden suede chukkas

Are those the William I?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBugatti
Skinny,

What if Vox's pockets were really askew, and not just because he rushed out of his car and snapped the photo? Does the emperor have no clothes? I think the poster was not being inappropriate in bringing this to Vox's attention. As it turns out, it was not a defect. But in theory, it could have been, however unlikely. Flying off the handle at this comment is really unjustified.

fcking noobs

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
nii, I think you misunderstood srivats. He said "there has been a increase in mediocrity and poor fits getting applause" and those mediocrity should be pointed out. Your rant seems to agree with exactly that.? SG was the one who said that he's sick of people being foolishly nitpicking.

i think everyone agrees that poor fits shouldnt be praised, but should be met with constructive criticism, if the poster is accepting of it. there is no disputing that.

Originally Posted by srivats
I seriously don't know why nii went all medival on me - when I was just pointing out what the "big timers" have been quoted as saying. I strongly disagreed with the original commenter who made that point, FWIW. I made that point to counter Skinny when he disagreed with me saying that WAYWRN has gotten better - I agree, but the noise has also increased. My point still remains that criticism (even foolish nitpicking) is better than a continous stream of "Great jacket !!!11!!!" type posts.

If nii doesn't like what I said, well I can't do anything about that. I just felt that rant against me was very surprising when we agree on the point being made. <sigh>

Lets just agree to disagree, since my post clearly raises three points, and everyone seems fixated on only one of the three points.

I'll respond to your PMs to keep the thread clean.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Bolt of lightning in the works...stay tuned...

- B

You know, I understand it has gotta stink being stuck on the East Coast these days... that's why everyone's so testy...
musicboohoo[1].gif

I guess not everyone's writing this beachside in sunny australia while a gorgeous blonde is putting some sunscreen on my shoulders... sigh...
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads