• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
He's not kidding, and it lists for USD$1,300.

facepalm.gif

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappelan
Awesome
worship.gif

Where is the shirt from? I noticed you said THRIFTED...

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
It is called "classic," which also may be considered "old," by those who favor a slim suit and pants. I also cuff my slimmer pants, for the most part.

Mike

You think this would look good on a person in their mid 20s? I prefer straight suits but the cuff is really starting to get to me...

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dieselman89
You think this would look good on a person in their mid 20s? I prefer straight suits but the cuff is really starting to get to me...

Cuffs look good in my opinion. I have some un-cuffed items, but I do prefer cuffs. I don't see why they would not look good on you in your mid-20s. I wore cuffs in my mid-20s. Of course, I am 40 now.....

Mike

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
110121-5.jpg

That's a great ensemble overall and a gorgeous tie in particular. However, it seems rather pretentious to me that you've purposely clipped your tie in an askew position. If you want your tie to be insouciantly off-kilter, that's fine. But to me it looks as if you're trying too hard when you actually pin it down that way. By way of example, it would be one thing to, say, leave your collar buttons purposely undone, but it would be quite another to then tack them into place with a couple of staples -- even very expensive stapes.
Just sayin'.
peepwall[1].gif

Originally Posted by ndw
Your FIH looks fine. I don't think Paolo was referring to the type of knot, but rather the fact that the FIH you have tied needs to be tightened up so that the top of the shirt collar doesn't show above the tie.
Thanks for clarifying, ndw. I totally misunderstood.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Tie: Barba 7 Fold...$1.50 at local Goodwill
PNail-2.JPG

Are you fokking kidding me? I just paid 85 bucks for a similar tie on sale at Drakes -- and I thought I got a bargain! That's a really nice tie, Mike, and a great look overall.

Originally Posted by dieselman89
What's the deal with cuffs on the bottom of suits?
lurker[1].gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Are you fokking kidding me? I just paid 85 bucks for a similar tie on sale at Drakes -- and I thought I got a bargain! That's a really nice tie, Mike, and a great look overall.

LOL. Thanks, TB.

When I saw it hanging there next to the polyester Pierre Cardins from the mid-70s and other cast-offs....my reaction was "cool, here is a nice Repp tie." Then I picked it up and saw the Barba tag and felt the heft and my reaction was quite different.
smile.gif

It is great fun to get a good score. Many items that I have worn here have come from that store. As a matter of fact, it is time for a return trip!!

Mike

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the Feds went looking for criminals against fashion, as described in these fora, they'd need Madison Square Garden AND Yankee Stadium as holding pens.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
So the feds DIDN'T get everyone yesterday huh.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Budget day, eh? I'll play. Made all the better by budget bathroom pics. Prices are approximations.

sweater - LL Bean shetland shawl collar with suede elbow patches - $35
long sleeve navy tee shirt - LL Bean - $20
short sleeve white tee shirt - Fruit of the Loom - $6
belt - LL Bean - $30
jeans - Levi's raw denim 501 - $35
socks - Gold Toe - $6
shoes - vintage Hanover - $100

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

ndw

Reaction score
Weekend's here!

Jan_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Well, my usual cheapness...about 250 € roughly (shoes, socks, jeans, belt, shirt, tie, pullover, vest, coat, ps and flower)...

Actually that looks okay. The colours are pleasing.

Originally Posted by TTO
so all in about £185

Overall a good look. Just a question: Do red shoe laces have a meaning? In Germany they have the potential to make you leftwing (as white laces make you rightwing).

Originally Posted by inlandisland
Actual: $154

Cheap.jpg

Hey, that's relaxed. The color combination works. And all things seem to fit well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads