• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
TC and Gnatty need to have an SF WAYWN "hair-off". It'll be like Hansel vs. Zoolander.

laugh.gif

I got a haircut Friday, TC would win..

Jan_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
2010-12-01a.jpg

I notice that your tie's stripes are in European direction. I wonder whether this is seen as a faux pas or don't you (Americans) have a strong opinion on that matter (unlike the British)?

Here's a discussion on the military background of the different styles (including a good joke at the end of the discussion).

And the Source of Truth says:

Typically, American striped ties have the stripes running downward from the wearer's right (the opposite of the European style). However, when Americans wear striped ties as a sign of membership, the European stripe style may be used.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tGPwY.jpg

jil cardi
dries shirt
balenciaga
bottega bag
ps

close up of cardi
FTibb.jpg

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks but it's not a Drakes, it's my own. Cary Grant, fabric is kinda brown, it's cashmere, kinda like a flannel, this is the best I could do:
1291338310.jpg

Well then, sign me up for whenever they come out. WANT. BADLY! edit: saw your post, send a prototype my way, i'll beta test it for you!
wink.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
I love this sportcoat fabric, but the peak lapels and patch pockets are making my head asplode.

Then it has done its job.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
LOL. Glad to see we are tuned in to the same frequency today. Love this SC, always have.

Mike

Thanks Mike - And your Sartoria suit today is IMO one of your best posts to date. Fit, combo, pic quality - all win. Deets on the tie? I love it.

Originally Posted by D Yizz
The peak lapels paired with patch pockets seem strange to my eyes, but I still like it very much. I need more patched sc's!

Its unorthodox, but thats why I like it.

Originally Posted by Vecna
631, I live on the north shore, eastern side of the island (Port Jeff area).

I have yet to visit our thrifts stores, but plan on doing so soon.

Huntington is really all you need, theres nothing else worthwhile unless you do East Hampton.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
I really like the unusual combination of peak lapels and patch pockets, though I think a fraction more length to the jacket would balance things out nicely.

Spoo - I don't know if I'm going out tomorrow, so if not, consider this my entry to this week's outerwear contest, if an early entry is within the rules!
smile.gif

Thanks C - and noted on the contest entry.

LOL, I love it when non inner circle members don't get the memo for the days colors.

The scarf is hella nice and the breast pocket on the SC is friggin gorgeous.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Please tell me you have matching pants. That would be so rad.

Sadly, no. I have a similar pair of TF, but never tried to put them together, it would not look right im sure.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
wow

If you blew your load on the overcoat a day early, Im going to be so pissed at you...
lol8[1].gif
Bring it big to follow this up tomorrow!

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Freezing Cold in the A ...

I think Ive asked you this before, but deets on the shoes? They are some of the nicest black shoes I have seen for practical applications.

Originally Posted by someotherstyle
-MK

Awesome outerwear - hope you bring heat tomorrow too!

Originally Posted by DLester
jil cardi
dries shirt
balenciaga
bottega bag
ps

Are you traditionally a SW&D poster? If so, you probably could have won the SWD does MC challenge with this. Very nice, and the BV case is super.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

Are you traditionally a SW&D poster? If so, you probably could have won the SWD does MC challenge with this. Very nice, and the BV case is super.

Thanks! Yes I am SWD but occasionally lurk MC. I will see if I can cook up something for the next SWD/MC challenge . . .

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
tGPwY.jpg

jil cardi
dries shirt
balenciaga
bottega bag
ps

close up of cardi
FTibb.jpg

Another arguement for the cardigan--a must have in every wardrobe. Classy unbuttoning of the top and bottom. The color of the sweater is enhanced by the wall in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads