• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
smile.gif
I like his socks. But, man, Lufty, most of your pants are too short. I understand that it's personal preference and that you love fun socks, but we shouldn't be able to see your socks when you're standing still.

Great look today, otherwise. I think the socks add a little flare that is much needed with all the darker colors.

I am in the process of remedying this. I found myself inspired by Take Ivy and went a little wild.

The offending trou are all recent Mabitex acquisitions.

As soon as I got home, I cut the cuffs and pressed the trou. They're now 2" longer and not cuffed. I might take them up an inch and cuff them, but I didn't realize how truly short these were until I saw the photos.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
Absolutely gig the oxblood-colored shoes.

But it looks like you stepped on poop in the first pic.

ffffuuuu.gif
Gravel and leaves, I swear!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
that shirt pattern is way too close to the suit pattern

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
It's less than half the scale of the suit stripe so I'd disagree; however, the type of cloth (oxford?) strikes me as too sport coat/casual against the worsted.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
Disagree. It's perfectly fine. The pocket square just needs to tuck itself in (a lot) more and the shoes need to commit seppuku.

Mafoo got mah back waddup
fistbump.gif
lol8[1].gif
Agreed on the square, not on the shoes, I love them. They are too young to seppuku.

Foo, they were Tubo's cousin, if that helps.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Wondering what a solid dark gray, or, maybe better yet, a dark purple/violet tie would look like with this shirt? A tie with a subtle pattern? Dots? Paisley?

I could have jazzed it up sure, but meetings with the big boys today forced me to turn it down a notch. Didnt you notice only one bracelet?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jamesgatz

Is that shirt a Borrelli (I have a similar in blue)?

For me the ensemble looks harmonious and the colors are well chosen.

Thank you - and yes, it is a Borrelli.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Take Ivy Tuesday.

You do it well. I could never.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by PandArts
today it's all about Us or Them...

Sweet wheels man.

Originally Posted by JPHardy
crocodile_tears.jpg

Hey, hes got a good home with me.

Originally Posted by fritzl
noice, i like them a lot. bravo

Danke, G. Ich liebe sie .. haben nach ähnlichen lange gesucht.

Originally Posted by bleachboy
LANGE

Oh, Hai grail watch!
mwink[1].gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast

Nice fit all-round on this suit, perhaps a little more shaped than some of your others? I feel like the tie is a bit too sober for the overall look, but I suspect I will be in the histrionic minority making comments like that.
wink.gif

This is the most conservatively tailored suit I own - pretty much my go to suit for meetings with higher ups
smile.gif
but I needed to be sober today. I cant believe you didnt like my shoes.
cloud.gif
Booooooo

Originally Posted by sartorialism
Guilty as charged. I love color and try to mix as much color as I can into my wardrobe.
inlove.gif

cheers.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3
W
[*]Spoo - i think the shirt scale is fine. The fit of the jacket is nice too, less waist suppression (at least from the pic) makes it very balanced. Like how you Spoo-rified the fit with the shoes ...lol. Well played.

Thanks Nii. I had to Spoo the shooz! Wouldn't be me if I didnt.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Big meeting today. Damp, grey and drizzly start to the day:

I loved the shirt the last time I saw it, and I still love it now. Even better is that gorgeous cloth on the suit. Welcome back!

Originally Posted by Vitaly
Very harmonical combination! Love this colour! Great shoes? Who is maker?

Thank you - Bonafe... but back to your set of pictures... Mrs. Vitaly needs to become a regular here!
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by luftvier
Take Ivy x Nerd look.

Looks great, really great - totally nailed your above theme. Except the dogshit on your shooz.
smile.gif

Like. And the shooz too. The shirt and suit look good together - like there was thought put into it.

Thats a first for me then..
smile.gif

emptym

Reaction score
How did I miss this last week? Incredible, R!:
Originally Posted by Baron
photo.jpg

What's that, Son?

You're pissing yourself in awe?

Pissed off with envy, cuz you can't compete.

**** your dress up clown contest

My **** is sober like Brigham Young,

but like the fresh hundies I laid out

for the zimmerlis and marcolanis you can't even see

Handmade in England, Italy, France and the USA.

The closest my gear's been to China

Is when I'm at the Armoury, chilling with my Hong Kong crew.

I took ******* Ivy

fried it up in my professional home kitchen

till it was nice and crispy

then ate it and crapped Savile Rubinacci

Livin the Dolce Vita like Marcello

Livin the vida loco like the Dos Equis dude

Jetsetter style, airport restrooms are my own private photo studios.

Come closer, Son. Let me show you what time it is.

You can see it in the hands of my 18K vintage Patek.

Inherited from my Pops

(who got it from Prince Ranier at Cannes in '55

In exchange for Grace Kelly)

(The only part of my inheritance I didn't give away, incidentally)

You see what time it is?

That's right, Son.

Big Time.

You wanna know how to get here?

You can't

Your post count it too low.

Your Join date is too recent.

Application denied.

League of internet Gentlemen

I'm the Commish.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is pretty funny.

-LR

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
How's this for size
Much appreciated, NOBD. A word of warning, though: Catering to my whims is risky, as I am easily spoiled.
bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by ndw
^ I know this has been brought up (many times), but I don't think one should "always" wear a ps. The group think regarding this element is kind of funny.
You must not have seen my grid, ndw. Go back and stare at it a while. It's ... mesmerizing.
And here, have a little Kool-Aid while you're looking at it.

Originally Posted by JayJay
I agree, a ps is not always needed.
Needed? Who said anything about need?
[Aside:] Do we no longer excommunicate for heresy such as this?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Rockin the panta tie today
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I so wanted one of those...
frown.gif

Past weekend...

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Broke out the newly revised gun check for Bunko night at Topsy's rumpus room.

5139343885_e393d649e1_b.jpg

Looks good bro, espcially since your usually in pretty conservative stripes and solids.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
No time for action shots outside, just a couple pics before heading out...

P1050051-1.jpg

AWESOME...assume its a full suit yes?

2010-11-02a.jpg

2010-11-02b.jpg

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Just wanted to put that on the record, but I will take your word for it.

That said, I have never in my 65 years come across anyone whose appreciation for style and fine craftsmanship (whether it be in art, furniture, timepieces, architecture or otherwise) is so completely out of whack with their ability to dress themselves (referring to your first series of posts). It just doesn't add up. In any event, I do acknowledge and commend you on how you have improved since I've been following your posts. Your enthusiasm seems very genuine and I always admire the way you receive criticism, constructive or otherwise. A lot of newcomers to the thread could take a page out of your book.

It's probably just due to my age (38) and my checkered past. I was a drug-addled raver in the early 90's (you should see THOSE pics), then I founded an Internet company in the 90's where jeans and T-shirts were the norm. Then began my descent into alcoholism, rehab, and recovery, after which I retired. So although I suppose I do have a good eye for some things, I just never learned how to dress like an adult! Practice makes perfect.
smile.gif

smile.gif
I am working on a new career right now, though, as an ESL teacher. Whenever I can find a job doing it. :p

worship.gif
as an educator I can tell you that your real life experiences will be invaluable for you. At the end of the day, they make you a stronger person, and make you a better teacher. We get kids coming out of Ivy School, born with silver spoons to come in and teach with their $200k education and get shredded. You can't fool kids...if you remember that, and be yourself, you'll do GREAT. And again,
worship.gif
cause the first one was for the clothes (but yea, undo the top button, not as a rule, but for the fit on that coat)

Originally Posted by edmorel
shuffleboard Tuesday's followed by the prime rib special!

1288717667.jpg

1288718255.jpg

If I could dress more like one guy here, I think it'd be you. You manage to find the line between too much (like me often) and just enough color, and stay on the right side.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Big meeting today. Damp, grey and drizzly start to the day:

02112010_main.jpg

Again, its nice that you're back.

Originally Posted by Vitaly

black sand beach)

Cool shots...I was thinking as I was scrolling down, as long as that New Era wasn't a Yankee one, and then
facepalm.gif
. We've got to get you a real ballclub's cap. The only Yankee fans in NY live in Connecticut and NJ, with a smattering on Staten Island. They're ******* tools. We'll work on it...nice pics though, looks like a great time, and the Mrs...
worship.gif
Always had a thing for Russian girls (from like the 8th grade)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Much appreciated, NOBD. A word of warning, though: Catering to my whims is risky, as I am easily spoiled.
bigstar[1].gif

Thank you for mentioning. Prepare yourself for no's in the future...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Great to have you back. And I love that watch.
Thanks - my inexpensive watch collection is growing rapidly. I picked it up cheaply as the bezel and steel strap were badly (but lightly) scuffed. A new strap and two hours polishing were worth it.
Today: Take Ivy x Nerd look. Trou too short. Lapels pressed poorly by my cleaner. Both remedied when I got home. Nii, you are right in that the longer trou look better on me.​

Yes looks good apart from trouser length. I like the red socks!
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I loved the shirt the last time I saw it, and I still love it now. Even better is that gorgeous cloth on the suit. Welcome back!
Thanks. I wish the shirt had white cuffs but otherwise I'm happy with it.
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Again, its nice that you're back.
Cheers NYR​

Vitaly

Reaction score
Cool shots...I was thinking as I was scrolling down, as long as that New Era wasn't a Yankee one, and then
facepalm.gif
. We've got to get you a real ballclub's cap. The only Yankee fans in NY live in Connecticut and NJ, with a smattering on Staten Island. They're ******* tools. We'll work on it...nice pics though, looks like a great time, and the Mrs...
worship.gif
Always had a thing for Russian girls (from like the 8th grade)

Rob, thanks a lot for a comments! ))Yes it was a great time on Santorini! Beautiful place, amazing panorams! And huge volcano En Kameni ) You are absolutely right it an original cap of the infield player)Very long for it searched. Also represent has found it at us in Moscow) Iam at one time was played in baseball) Separate thanks for compliments to my spouses!)

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
worship.gif
as an educator I can tell you that your real life experiences will be invaluable for you. At the end of the day, they make you a stronger person, and make you a better teacher. We get kids coming out of Ivy School, born with silver spoons to come in and teach with their $200k education and get shredded. You can't fool kids...if you remember that, and be yourself, you'll do GREAT. And again,
worship.gif
cause the first one was for the clothes (but yea, undo the top button, not as a rule, but for the fit on that coat)\\

Thank you for the words of advice and encouragement!

ndw

Reaction score

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wedb.jpg

A day of teaching lessons. Shirt, tie, and sweater are all courtesy of the Brooks Siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78