• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any ideas who made this one? On a ludicrously-nice handmade piece. Handsewn pick stitching all over the place (even down the sleevehead, sleeve, and midline of trouser legs) Dormeuil Amadeus 120s wool. I'm thinking it may be one of the newer Chinese firms making superb outsourced bespoke pieces (Garrison Bespoke is a good example)

$_57.JPG

Benali

Reaction score
From two different Domenico Vacca suits, any ideas?

I know DV has mostly been made by Attolini and Belvest, but I've never seen these. First I thought they were Borrelli, but nope. Haven't found these in this thread either.

Did anybody ever figure this one out? I lean towards Attolini, but not certain? Anybody else?

lfd75

Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify the maker of this Boggi sport coat?

Attachments

• 20190921_181106.jpg
    20190921_181106.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 166

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Dirnelli, only info I have:

Last edited:

lfd75

Reaction score
From Dirnelli, only info I have:

Thank you! The link you provided helped me figure out it was made by Flannel Bay.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might be in a bit of a pickle. I sold these shoes as vintage Church's, because the label inside says "Custom Grade", and I haven't seen another brand that uses that designation. But the buyer is now asking me to verify the brand, and I'm not sure I can. Does anyone else call their shoes "Custom Grade", and if so, who?

vestbash

Reaction score
I might be in a bit of a pickle. I sold these shoes as vintage Church's, because the label inside says "Custom Grade", and I haven't seen another brand that uses that designation. But the buyer is now asking me to verify the brand, and I'm not sure I can. Does anyone else call their shoes "Custom Grade", and if so, who?

View attachment 1270749

View attachment 1270751

View attachment 1270753

This shoe is definitely not a Church's or a Cheaney for Church's shoe in my estimation. The heel pad "custom grade" logo is one that I've never seen for Church's/Cheaney. With the shoe being resoled and heeled its hard to say with confidence if the shoe is even definitively of english origin.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only seen that kind of heels with the white inserts in american shoes so far.
Same, but those are clearly replacements, so they could be English shoes that were repaired in the US. Regardless, they aren't what I sold them as, so I'm working out a resolution with the buyer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads