• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Edward Green. Photos are in the first post on heel nail patterns.
Oops, I forgot to mention that they're "Made in Italy", hence my confusion. Any other ideas?

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New label? Has anyone come across these yet? Nothing too exciting, but much better than the standard chinos, nice cotton, hidden buttons. I've found 4 pair recently, 2 in great colors that fit me perfectly. Made in China... Just curious.

I was actually photographing these to list, then I tried one on... damn, straight to my closet.

EDIT: NVM, IT'S THESE

Last edited:

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Don't they say "Made in Italy" on the sole though?

Edit: yeah, they are Made it Italy. I've only heard of Sassetti making for RLPL in Italy, but I've never seen that heel pattern on one before.
Thanks for your help. I was looking at Sassetti too but, like you, I noticed the heel patterns didn't match up.

Oh well. Decent boots, but I'm glad I didn't pay $750 for them.

edwardthefirst

Reaction score

Thanks for your help. I was looking at Sassetti too but, like you, I noticed the heel patterns didn't match up. 

Oh well. Decent boots, but I'm glad I didn't pay $750 for them. 
You know, I have a friend who at RL in Beverly Hills. I can shoot him an email and ask him. :)
Those are awesome boots!

Btw I adore Basil Rathbone, I own all his Holmes films.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
You know, I have a friend who at RL in Beverly Hills. I can shoot him an email and ask him.
smile.gif

Those are awesome boots!

Btw I adore Basil Rathbone, I own all his Holmes films.
Wow, thanks man, that would be awesome.

Yeah, Basil is great.

tonylamer

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the model of these Church's (built on the 54 last)? The shoe sock's been replaced, and the crazy Church's scrawl is like some awful Rorschach test:

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know Brooks English has come up a bunch of times. Based on my review of past posts there really is no one easy answer when it comes to Brooks English. Telling features of this shoe include BROOKS BROTHERS MADE IN ENGLAND on the sole and the non-scripted lettering. Also, what in the world is size 410 C? Thanks!

Possible answer thanks to TheBurnOut: Cheany, 8.5-9 ish narrow

Last edited:

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny I was just going to ask about these "Made in Great Britain" Brooks English shoes but came to the same conclusion they are prob made by Cheany... Then I pop in to search for similar inside number and see your post.

Shoes match perfectly. Same maker for sure, Cheany or otherwise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads