• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High waisted, (double) pleated pants: where to find them?

Retri

Reaction score
Where can I purchase high rise/waisted, (double) pleated pants with built-in belt/side adjusters like picture below at around (or below) 300 US$/250 Euro?:

Been looking everywhere for a month to no avail; PT01/Ghost Project, Incotex and Lardini used to make sick ones but they're all sold out and I'd rather not order from Luxire after seeing all the issues people have had with their customs.

Thanks in advance for your help!

View attachment 1006401

mrbig

Reaction score
Rubinacci Manny. I just bought a bunch of pairs in Wool flannel from Mr Porter, really lovely. I did notice a few 'italian' quality details on with the internals, but nothing that changes how they look or feel.

Retri

Reaction score
Rubinacci Manny. I just bought a bunch of pairs in Wool flannel from Mr Porter, really lovely. I did notice a few 'italian' quality details on with the internals, but nothing that changes how they look or feel.

as cool as they are, those are 400 Euro a pop.

My local tailor can probably make me a bespoke pair for that much money and then some (regardless, I hate wearing pants that cost more than 250 Euro because then I get self conscious about where I sit and stuff).

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How did you size these? Mr. P suggests sizing one down, but their advice is notoriously inaccurate in my experience.

mrbig

Reaction score
as cool as they are, those are 400 Euro a pop.

My local tailor can probably make me a bespoke pair for that much money and then some (regardless, I hate wearing pants that cost more than 250 Euro because then I get self conscious about where I sit and stuff).

I paid 139.90gbp for mine on Mr Porter so you *can* find them on sale. The Rubinacci and Rake sites had a couple pairs on sale too but weren't my size.

How did you size these? Mr. P suggests sizing one down, but their advice is notoriously inaccurate in my experience.

I bought my tag size and they fit quite well. Roomy, but these look better roomy IMO and I have some thigh-zilla action going on haha.

The leg openings taper heavily, so keep that in mind - Mr P said they'd be 16.5" but they're 18" at my 31.5" inseam. (which is what I like anyway)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe keep an eye out for Spier & Mackay, the will be looking to offer a higher rise, pleated pant in the future.

Otherwise, I am in the same boat as you, some options here and there but nothing too captivating. I'll add that the options seem to be wider if you are okay with a button front but I personally find a zipper more useful.

paxonus

Reaction score
Take a look at the Nico trouser from Epaulet. Only 1 pleat, but the rise is very high and they have a nice taper.

Nico_Trouser_Text_2048x.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMO and experience the Epaulet pants are off in the way they look and fit. Might just be the reverse pleats. Forward facing pleats all the way, if available.

Triarii2017

Reaction score
Where can I purchase high rise/waisted, (double) pleated pants with built-in belt/side adjusters like picture below at around (or below) 300 US$/250 Euro?:

Been looking everywhere for a month to no avail; PT01/Ghost Project, Incotex and Lardini used to make sick ones but they're all sold out and I'd rather not order from Luxire after seeing all the issues people have had with their customs.

Thanks in advance for your help!

View attachment 1006401

@Retri where are you located?

TomRD

Reaction score
I paid 139.90gbp for mine on Mr Porter so you *can* find them on sale. The Rubinacci and Rake sites had a couple pairs on sale too but weren't my size.

I bought my tag size and they fit quite well. Roomy, but these look better roomy IMO and I have some thigh-zilla action going on haha.

The leg openings taper heavily, so keep that in mind - Mr P said they'd be 16.5" but they're 18" at my 31.5" inseam. (which is what I like anyway)

Hi!

Apologies, I know this was a long time ago, but I'm now looking to buy these and, by the sounds of it, have a similar Thigh-zilla (I prefer Quad-zilla ;) ) issue!

You bought the same size and they fit - did you have to get the waist altered? And also did they have plenty of length to work with (say for example if you wanted to hem them).

Any answers appreciated!

Thanks.

Whippetweb

Reaction score
Hi!

Apologies, I know this was a long time ago, but I'm now looking to buy these and, by the sounds of it, have a similar Thigh-zilla (I prefer Quad-zilla ;) ) issue!

You bought the same size and they fit - did you have to get the waist altered? And also did they have plenty of length to work with (say for example if you wanted to hem them).

Any answers appreciated!

Thanks.

Have you tried Luxire, I got two very nice pairs from there, I have the opposite problem, extremely thin legs. You can get a cheap £40 ish trial pair so you know where you are at before buying in a better cloth.

TomRD

Reaction score
Have you tried Luxire, I got two very nice pairs from there, I have the opposite problem, extremely thin legs. You can get a cheap £40 ish trial pair so you know where you are at before buying in a better cloth.

I'll have to check them out. Can you compare the quality to a well know brand that does similar style? Anderson & Sheppherd, Rubinacci, Kit Blake etc.?

Also how much were the full pair, in what material?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads