hey you kids, get off my lawn! in this thread we discuss how we would prefer our places of residence

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Aug 5, 2013.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

proceed

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

fuck, I guess there is a limit to how long a tittle can be. I said, in this thread we discuss how we'd like our places of residence to be more like mayberry, while pretending we aren't racist.

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I grew up in Mayberry (well Stepford actually). I get a little nauseous when I go back.

4. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I love my neighborhood. Right downtown, but we have this big ass nature preserve across the street from us, so no neighbors across the street peering in. We're all really tight and look out for each other, without being all up in each other's stuff. It's great. I know everyone's name for a block each way.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  5. Zachgranstrom

Zachgranstrom Senior member

I actually love living in my predominantly black neighborhood. Sure, it used to be one of the worse areas to live, but with a strong neighborhood watch and the no nonsense policy my neighbors have adopted, my area is quite nice and diverse now. However, because of the neighborhood becoming better as a whole, Realtors are quickly trying to buy the area and essentially gentrify it . :(