• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with FAKE nudies

obsolete

Reaction score
good evening/morning/afternoon/whatever to all nudie experts at there. just wondering if you could help a newb out and let me know whether these jeans are authentic. i haven't heard of fake nudies but you never never know...

the link is here

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NUDIE-SLIM-JI...QQcmdZViewItem

thanks a lot (the reason is i've never seen nudie's with dark blue back pocket stitching)

ciao for now!

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one looks authentic. I have seen some distressed RR with a blue backpocket nudie logo, just like this one. I have never seen raw nudie with a different coloured backpocket though, only pre-distressed ones.

!luc

Cake

Reaction score
That wouldn't be the first Nudie with black back stitching (which is what I think it is). The blue black bootcut Ola has a similar stitching. Looks real to me. The black-black Nudie has black back stitching, but the one on Ebay here looks more like a grey cast Slim Jim, or a dry grey cast rather.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never seen that version either. Looks authentic enough to me. Try mynudies.com to see if someone else has a pair.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first nudie back pockets ive liked.

PunctualAlex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
first nudie back pockets ive liked.

But it looks kind of weird with the orange stitching everywhere else... reminds me of a washed pair I saw with blue or black stitching everywhere else on the jean and then the BRIGHT FREAKIN' ORANGE back pocket. I wish they would just stick to the same color stitching for the whole pair...

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the stitching on the rear pockets look noticeably different from one another?

rnrswitch

Reaction score
What slim jims have a retail price of $235. Are they the Japan Jim?

viking_mike

Reaction score
i think it has to do with that they are dry comfort slim jims (read the tag)...and are made of stretch denim, althought i have never seen a stretch slim jim

obsolete

Reaction score
thanks guys for all your help. i've actually just bought a pair of slim jims greycast anyway so i'll probably give these ones a miss but at $100AUD that's pretty cheap so someone grab them quick. i think the seller has another pair in 29x32

but yeah $235AUD is a weird price because all the raw slim jims i've seen retail for $215 in Australia.

thanks again!

Aristocrat

Reaction score
Move to Sweden guys, the retail here is 120 USD as most..

wttm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aristocrat
Move to Sweden guys, the retail here is 120 USD as most..

If moving to a place is dictated by denim, I think the majoirty of the denim freaks on the fourm will choose Japan instead.
tounge.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads