1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help with FAKE nudies

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by obsolete, Aug 3, 2006.

1. obsolete

obsolete Member

good evening/morning/afternoon/whatever to all nudie experts at there. just wondering if you could help a newb out and let me know whether these jeans are authentic. i haven't heard of fake nudies but you never never know...

the link is here

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NUDIE-SLIM-JI...QQcmdZViewItem

thanks a lot (the reason is i've never seen nudie's with dark blue back pocket stitching)

ciao for now!

2. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

This one looks authentic. I have seen some distressed RR with a blue backpocket nudie logo, just like this one. I have never seen raw nudie with a different coloured backpocket though, only pre-distressed ones.

!luc

3. Cake

Cake Well-Known Member

That wouldn't be the first Nudie with black back stitching (which is what I think it is). The blue black bootcut Ola has a similar stitching. Looks real to me. The black-black Nudie has black back stitching, but the one on Ebay here looks more like a grey cast Slim Jim, or a dry grey cast rather.

4. DNW

DNW Senior member

I've never seen that version either. Looks authentic enough to me. Try mynudies.com to see if someone else has a pair.

5. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

first nudie back pockets ive liked.

6. PunctualAlex

PunctualAlex Well-Known Member

first nudie back pockets ive liked.

But it looks kind of weird with the orange stitching everywhere else... reminds me of a washed pair I saw with blue or black stitching everywhere else on the jean and then the BRIGHT FREAKIN' ORANGE back pocket. I wish they would just stick to the same color stitching for the whole pair...

7. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Doesn't the stitching on the rear pockets look noticeably different from one another?

8. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

What slim jims have a retail price of $235. Are they the Japan Jim?

9. PunctualAlex

PunctualAlex Well-Known Member

$235 Australian... which would be around $180-90 US? Still pricey...

10. viking_mike

viking_mike Senior member

i think it has to do with that they are dry comfort slim jims (read the tag)...and are made of stretch denim, althought i have never seen a stretch slim jim

11. obsolete

obsolete Member

thanks guys for all your help. i've actually just bought a pair of slim jims greycast anyway so i'll probably give these ones a miss but at $100AUD that's pretty cheap so someone grab them quick. i think the seller has another pair in 29x32

but yeah $235AUD is a weird price because all the raw slim jims i've seen retail for $215 in Australia.

thanks again!

12. Aristocrat

Aristocrat Senior member

Move to Sweden guys, the retail here is 120 USD as most..

13. whodini

whodini Senior member

Man that's annoying.

14. wttm

wttm Senior member

Move to Sweden guys, the retail here is 120 USD as most..

If moving to a place is dictated by denim, I think the majoirty of the denim freaks on the fourm will choose Japan instead. [​IMG]