• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with Cleverley

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes these types of things happen.
Best to forget about it and move on with your life.
You can't force people to do the right thing.
Cleverley have made their intentions clear.
Best not to drag Adam into it.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a good idea. I’ve tried an alternate email address and that went nowhere. Maybe the phone number game is the way to go. I’m just… exasperated, furious, frustrated, and everything else. I don’t understand how it is possible or they can just not care.
They probably don't like you and they obviously don't care.
Don't feel bad about it because George Jr does not seem to like many people. :lol:
Sometimes we need to cut our losses,
those famous makers can be real stinkers at times. :eek:

Last edited:

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cleverley owe me a lot of money too.
Me never ask for it back because me know what these people are like.
Not worth the fight.

Me say to the man with the bad alligator shoes,
son move on.
Fighting with these types will ruin your quality of life.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adam Law is no longer working with Cleverley.

Drag, ***** slap, kick, punch Jr. So much love for him discussed here already not sure why anyone would be bother to give him business.

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cleverley owe me a lot of money too.
Me never ask for it back because me know what these people are like.
Not worth the fight.

Me say to the man with the bad alligator shoes,
son move on.
Fighting with these types will ruin your quality of life.

But you said (now deleted) in the other thread only a month ago;

"The key is knowing how to talk to them so you get the top treatment".

Only thanks to @beargonefishing originally quoting your post in reply there does it still survive.

What has so suddenly changed and why did you delete it?

Last edited:

SenatorV

Reaction score
Drag, ***** slap, kick, punch Jr. So much love for him discussed here already not sure why anyone would be bother to give him business.
That's not very gentlemanly of you. I was in the shop about a year ago and watched both Adam and George deal with a very sniffy, snotty customer graciously and patiently. So maybe the problem isn't them?

Satmoche

Reaction score
That's not very gentlemanly of you. I was in the shop about a year ago and watched both Adam and George deal with a very sniffy, snotty customer graciously and patiently. So maybe the problem isn't them?
I am sure that they did do that, however one instance of courteous behaviour does not preclude you from still being unprofessional with other customers.
George Cleverley Jr has been known for being unreliable with some of the customers in SF, their experience surely is enough to demonstrate that he is not on top of their bespoke business as he should.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adam Law is no longer working with Cleverley.

Instagram.com: adamlawshoemaker
Cleverley would be getting thin on talent now wouldn't they?
Who is making lasts for them now?

Many talented people have left over recent years,
me wonder why.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
History is not in Jr.'s favour at this forum. The reviews are more negative than positive!

Have fun at SF!

SenatorV

Reaction score
I do see that you are new here...history is not in Jr.'s favour at this forum. The reviews are more negative than positive!

Your opinion of who I am and what i wrote is irrelevant!

Have fun at SF!
Not new, just have rarely bothered to participate until recently. I suppose my opinions are as valid as your (joking, I hope) call for physically assaulting someone whom you don't like for whatever reasons. My experience with both Georges has been consistently positive going back more than a decade. Beyond that I can say no more.

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cleverley would be getting thin on talent now wouldn't they?
Who is making lasts for them now?

Many talented people have left over recent years,
me wonder why.

Me wonder why you haven't answered my questions.

I guess it's because they make you look stupid/dishonest??

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not new, just have rarely bothered to participate until recently. I suppose my opinions are as valid as your (joking, I hope) call for physically assaulting someone whom you don't like for whatever reasons. My experience with both Georges has been consistently positive going back more than a decade. Beyond that I can say no more.
I hope you enjoy purchasing many bespoke shoes from Jr!

We can't physically assault anyone in many parts of the world without having to pay for it!

What he deserves and what one can do are two different things! This is SF we sometimes do joke around here!

Please do post your purchases from Jr. here!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads