• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help needed with Filson briefcase 257

Britexpat

Reaction score
I am looking at the filson briefcase style 257 (see here
smile.gif

http://www.cranes-country-store.com/...cat=287&page=1

I have a 15" macbook pro and neoprene sleeve. There has been some threads about the laptop fitting very tight in the bag leaving not much expansion room for much else. I would typically be wanting to carry macbook pro, files, book, lunch and cables etc.

Anyone have direct experience with the 257 and a macbook pro 15"?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Britexpat.

Pelikan2

Reaction score
I use my 257 for my 15" Macbook Pro everyday, and I'm able to fit three law textbooks, my charger, a plethora of highlighters and a pen case in there as well. I don't use a sleeve, as I find the Filson provides sufficient protection. If you want the sleeve, you'll probably have to store the MB in the center of the bag and not in the sleeve likely designated for laptop storage (which is a snug fit for the naked MB). That probably wouldn't cause too much trouble other than obstructing access to the pen loops and smaller pockets, which are also located in the center. The only problem if not using a sleeve is that the zipper teeth inevitably rub against the laptop when I take it in/out of the bag. I haven't noticed any scratching yet, but I'm sure it'll come with time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads