• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help needed with Filson briefcase 257

Britexpat

Reaction score
I am looking at the filson briefcase style 257 (see here

http://www.cranes-country-store.com/...cat=287&page=1

I have a 15" macbook pro and neoprene sleeve. There has been some threads about the laptop fitting very tight in the bag leaving not much expansion room for much else. I would typically be wanting to carry macbook pro, files, book, lunch and cables etc.

Anyone have direct experience with the 257 and a macbook pro 15"?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Britexpat.

Pelikan2

Reaction score
I use my 257 for my 15" Macbook Pro everyday, and I'm able to fit three law textbooks, my charger, a plethora of highlighters and a pen case in there as well. I don't use a sleeve, as I find the Filson provides sufficient protection. If you want the sleeve, you'll probably have to store the MB in the center of the bag and not in the sleeve likely designated for laptop storage (which is a snug fit for the naked MB). That probably wouldn't cause too much trouble other than obstructing access to the pen loops and smaller pockets, which are also located in the center. The only problem if not using a sleeve is that the zipper teeth inevitably rub against the laptop when I take it in/out of the bag. I haven't noticed any scratching yet, but I'm sure it'll come with time.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oabailey1701