1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help me break 1:50 in the Half

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by gamelan, Jun 30, 2009.

1. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I'm all about intervals too (run 1 1/2, at 1h41m, with my longest run at 1h20m before that), and all about heart rate measurement as well

Once a week, go for a long, slow (heart rate < 140 bpm) run. ~3-4 weeks before, you want to do that for 1h50m

At least once a week, get on your treadmill: ~7mph, 7% incline, and strap it on for 1m30s - 2m00 (your HR should be 170-190bpm, the higher the better). Then jog until your HR gets to ~130 (the quicker it does it, the better in shape you are). Repeat ~4-6x

Think about cross-training? Spinning classes have really helped me.

Overall a very sensible plan. The only suggested tweak is to adapt the HR to your own needs. Individual HRs are quite variable. The charts are little more than averages. Accordingly, either use HRs that make sense for you or try the breath method of measuring intensity of training.