• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Height

seen

Reaction score
I want to get a little taller, no partiulcar reason, just for the hell of it. Anyone has any experience with gaining height after 18?

kever

Reaction score
Well, as I said earlier my brother is 7'1". He was 6'10" when he was 18 and continued to grow until he was about 21. I don't think this is too common, but there is hope. I stopped at 17 (@6'6"), but everyone is different...

caliborn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seen
I want to get a little taller, no partiulcar reason, just for the hell of it. Anyone has any experience with gaining height after 18?

I was 5'9-5'10" when I graduated high school. Between the ages of 18-21 I gained 20lbs, 3 inches in height and twice the amount of body/facial hair i had.

seen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by caliborn
I was 5'9-5'10" when I graduated high school. Between the ages of 18-21 I gained 20lbs, 3 inches in height and twice the amount of body/facial hair i had.

I'm still lacking a bit in facial hair. How was your exercise/sleep/eating patterns like during the time you grew?

caliborn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seen
I'm still lacking a bit in facial hair. How was your exercise/sleep/eating patterns like during the time you grew?

I played minor league baseball so I was working out and running almost daily during the spring and summer months. My sleep patterns were consistant with age and profession I guess.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by caliborn
I played minor league baseball so I was working out and running almost daily during the spring and summer months. My sleep patterns were consistant with age and profession I guess.

Who'd you play for?

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
im 6', 150, 28"waist. im 25 so i wont be growing unless its out. of course i cant gain weight now if i try.

That sounds like me at 25. And 35. And 40. Some people's metabolisms just never 'slow down'. I wouldn't say no to an extra 15 healthy pounds, but right now, I'm not willing to eat beyond my fill and devote the gym time to get it.

Luis_Garcia

Reaction score
I'm 19 and bang on 6'2 (188cm)

People say it's a cool height, but i'm skinny and most of the height is in my 35in leg. I'd happily take 2 inches off my leg length and be 6 foot. I'd probably even take 5'10 or 5'11 over my current height, but hey, what can I do.

Maybe I will feel more comfortable at this height when I start to gain weight. I'm also one of those guys who eats loads and works out, but cannot seem to gain weight.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Handlethevibe
When did you all stop growing? I'm 15 and I'm only 5'7, but I doubt I'll be growing any taller. My dad is like 5'10 or '11, and my mom is 5'1. Is there any hope for me?

There is always the hope that you will accept your height and be happy with yourself. This advice comes from a 34 year old whose father is about 5'11" and mother is 5'1" or so and who currently stands a hair over 5'7".

bob

scoon0224

Reaction score
5'11"
size 9-9.5 shoe
32" waist (41 chest 39 seat...)

32 inseam fits perfect, 34's crumple nicely. Plus I fit in cars and planes.
But just TRY finding 32's or 9.5's on clearance!!

himatey

Reaction score
My mom is about 5'9, dads 5'8. Im asian, and didnt start growing till I was 16, thats when I started swimming, and now im a bit over 6'2, and about 90kg. A good height if I say so myself.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads