• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heads up: Thin Red Line shoe sale

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Just got my shirts through....
They look really well made. I ordered 3 with no top pocket but they have included a top pocket for all shirts in a seperate envelope - should I wish to get them put on myself
smile.gif

Also I received 3 pairs of brass collar stiffeners. These were in the envelope with the invoice (I think someone was saying they couldn't find them!)

So all in all, very happy!

How is the Sizing like? i am looking to get those 16's. My chest size is 41. those measurements of 16 are chest-48..how is it measured? thks.

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mudphud10
sent couple of emails now about getting on the list..... still waiting for a reply....

You won't probably get a reply until early tomorrow morning (if you are in US/Canada) as they are several hours ahead and its now midnight-ish

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered 2 pairs - brown monkstraps and full brogue suede.

Got the delivery notice for the brogues today but have yet to pick up the shoes.

Delivery notice indicates that I got hit with a $56 customs charge (to Canada).

Thank god I got a US SF member to proxy me the monkstraps. I knew this would happen.

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform

Got the delivery notice for the brogues today but have yet to pick up the shoes.

Thank god I got a US SF member to proxy me the monkstraps. I knew this would happen.

that sucks! did they ship UPS?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osc
that sucks! did they ship UPS?

Canada Post. I haven't tried on the shoes yet but have put my name on the list of backorder recipients. If the shoes fit nicely ideally I'll be looking at picking up another full brogue and half-brogue snuff suede. But with what will probably be the increased backorder price plus the gurantee of an even higher customs charge per pair, I'm not so sure I will anymore. Then again, what would definitely amount to over $200 CAD per pair (with customs), it's still a good price from what others have said about these. I'll wait to see how the fit is for the determing factor.

Still though, customs is 30% of the total price! Canada customs can kiss ******...

osc

Reaction score
Canada Post. I haven't tried on the shoes yet but have put my name on the list of backorder recipients. If the shoes fit nicely ideally I'll be looking at picking up another full brogue and half-brogue snuff suede. But with what will probably be the increased backorder price plus the gurantee of an even higher customs charge per pair, I'm not so sure I will anymore. Then again, what would definitely amount to over $200 CAD per pair (with customs), it's still a good price from what others have said about these. I'll wait to see how the fit is for the determing factor.

Still though, customs is 30% of the total price! Canada customs can kiss ******...

Ya.. at least Canada Post is hit / miss for customs/taxes. I find that recently they have been more of a hit than a miss though and charging for customs/taxes
frown.gif

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a notice of $29.09 due on my USPS notice. Will pick up in am, but I am pretty sure its for the shoes.
This is the second time I have had to pay customs, had to pay $58 duty 2 months ago for shoes too.

Regards.

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
Had a notice of $29.09 due on my USPS notice. Will pick up in am, but I am pretty sure its for the shoes.
This is the second time I have had to pay customs, had to pay $58 duty 2 months ago for shoes too.

Regards.

Economic Downturn = Increase Probability of Customs/Taxes to help the government bail out more companies ?
patch[1].gif

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ahh crap really? I guess that's what I should be expecting...........
frown.gif

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrCool1978
Ahh crap really? I guess that's what I should be expecting...........
frown.gif

It sucks how customs/duties can be a buzz killer to an awesome deal - then again, I bet we all are in the positive when taking chances with Canada Post/USPS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads