• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Style For Fat Face

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
This'll help you get in shape:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/6packabs.htm
http://scoobysworkshop.com/schedbeginning.htm

Ha, I watch this guy on YouTube. I think he is very informative, and unintentionally hilarious. He looks pretty mean, but has the dorkiest voice imaginable, and humor so lame that I cant help but laugh.

OP, welcome to the forum. The shave was indeed an improvement, grats. Throw the gel away and never look back. When you grow your hair out, grow the side burns 5-6 mm longer, and please smile. You look as if you are trying very hard to look serious. Do you get nervous when you take your own pic, or is that truly your facial expression at rest?

As others have said, lurk and you will learn a lot. I would start by grabbing a drink and looking at this single thread of an obscene amount of time. Notice all the details, and save pics you particularly like.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...2619&page=1877

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spazzychalk
real cconstructive

What's there to be constructive about? Your sense of self-perception is completely objective.
sarcasm.gif

5 ft 9 inches at 185 pounds - do you know how big someone like that looks if they go from lean to big (rather than just fat)?

Google shows this:

Bramble1.jpg

http://www.criticalbench.com/Fitzroy-Bramble.htm

newgq3.jpg

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113486811

A skinny dude at 5 ft 9 (with significantly less muscle) would be significantly lighter.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
The worse thing about the pictures you posted (every single one) is your facial expression. You don't even need to smile but in the pictures you look completely apathetic to anything. You look like someone who lacks any excitement or self-respect in his life in any shape or form.

Forget how jail bait thinks you should dress and opt out to what you look good in. Overall I think you need to get some balls and a taste in clothes. You mentioned that you are unattractive in one way or another at least 3 times, clear sign of little self respect. You can fix that by working out, getting clothes that look good on YOU, reading some books? Getting a tan, learning some alpha conversation skills.

Your lack of style can really only be fixed by you. Style forum has a lot of information but it is up to you to develop a healthy vision of what looks good and what doesn't. No one can shove it down your throat.

The problem with these threads is that people post about a small problem that is obvious to everyone is part of a much bigger one, and when they point it out instead of working on some major revisions people freak out and quit. Don't turn into blueoakleyz and freak out over all the advice people give you. This is much better than getting skewed information from people who pick your glasses.

millionaire75

Reaction score
To answer your original question, try growing your sideburns out a bit (not too much like Elvis). This has a thinning effect on the face. Also, you may want to try to just brush the hair forward (like Clooney in his early ER days) instead of spiking it up in the front. That will give your face less "real estate" and frame it better.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the necklace, bracelet, gold watch, ring, and bowling style polo shirt, you look like someone that hangs out in a bowling alley. Not exactly the way I'd go about trying to pick up girls.

Ditch all that **** and buy some decent clothes that fit.

spazzychalk

Reaction score
i agree likeitaloud. there the problem can also be cyclical though. if one is found by the opposite sex to be unattractive, all the swagger and confidence is useless as well as unfounded. on the other hand, looking good makes you feel good and confident which in turn is again cyclical. Now the things I've said to that effect aren't self perception, they're track record, which as they're corrected, will affect self perception, which will affect others' perception, which will affect track record, which will affect self perception

millionare - ive tried to find pics but the internet is so cluttered I can't seem to find any season 1 pics.

username, what type of clothes would you suggest

the sideburns are growing out as fast as they will

the facials expressions,,, well yes i usually do have a pretty blank expression naturally. when i do try to create facial expressions they look very forced and unnatural.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont be looking to get with a supermodel looking like that. Currently you look like a father of a New Jersey guido.

Lurk more, Hugo Boss is terrible. Are you supposed to be impressing us with your Armani closet?

Don't kid yourself. You are fat. The sooner you recognize that is the sooner you start losing weight. I'm 5'9 and 148 and Im hardly aneroxic. Hell Lel is 5'9 and in the 130s and Chrono is 6'0 around my weight, they don't look anorexic. My roomate is also 5'9 and he's a good 170-175 built like the picture of the kid in the mirror a page back. Seriously, don't tell us that you're anorexic looking.

Just lurk more and find out what fits your style. Check out the Mens Clothing section. Dressing like that will get you the hot wimmez you love so much.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spazzychalk
this is pre shaved. this pic did pretty well on hotornot also
First, I want to add a +1 for the suggestion to grow your sideburns out...around halfway down your ear. The photo: I know I am not your target audience at hotornot but...bleh. Despite the grass and having your hands in your pockets, it is easy too see that the sleeves are too long, shoulders too wide and the pants are riding too low on your waist...so they are too long.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'll echo what a lot of the other members have been saying - if you are concerned about fixing your image, you should try to concentrate on areas besides just your haircut and clothes. I don't mean the above statement with any sarcastic/derogatory tone. As you can see from styleforum's structure, style is an all-encompassing thing. It's not just the clothes you wear or the way you do your hair, it's how you take care of your health and how you associate with other people. I would suggest a gym membership, a healthy diet, and maybe using standards other than hotornot for rating your personal image - such as your own values and satisfaction with yourself. Besides, a body that looks good can make more clothes look good, and a face that looks good with an easy smile can make more haircuts more appealing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads