• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair products you use

Crakaveli

Reaction score
jason jojoba shampoo & conditioner

aveda pureformance grooming clay. i don't care for scented products. does anybody have a recommendation for something similar without the smell?

ijk

Reaction score
Less abrasive is american crew style cream or grooming cream, its the green one.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the Aveda clay after everyone on the internet was raving about it too, but the smell is too strong. It's a shame too, because the hold really is great.

laughter95

Reaction score
gatsby pink tub is what i use. it's good, but if hair gets long then it won't hold well.

this touravi wax my korean hair stylist has is pretty much the same.

sebastian xtah crude clay -- i also have a tub, but i don't like the waxy oily feeling it leaves, and the hold isn't great. it's good for some volume, but if you use it too much then it leaves white specks in ur hair that look like nits.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda looking for a new shampoo. I swim in the pool 2-3 hours everyday and it's really damaging my hair by making it all dry so it always stands up (I kind of like the look) but I need something that will clean it without completely softening up my hair.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my hair is pretty much the same length as this:
2wox9id.jpg
whats a good product for asian hair about that length?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Redken Polish Up Pomade

Really like the smell, stays sorta moist all night, so it isn't for a "strong hold" but it works for me.

I wanna use more Redken stuff but I don't like the price. For hair styling, it's okay, a tub lasts me forever since I just use a little. But for shampoo and conditioner I tend to go through it fairly quickly. Usually use Garnier Fructis (sleek and shine) for my conditioner, currently using Redken Clean Up (I think?) as my shampoo.

I remember trying some d:fi stuff a while ago that seemed to be pretty excellent and wouldn't mind trying more of their stuff. I suck at hair though, so I dunno.

busybrowsing

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have naturally very wavy and fine/thin hair, and i was wondering what product would give me the Bradley Cooper hairstyle (http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1...r-hangover.jpg). Im not too into the greasy/wet look, and I dont think it goes too well with my thin hair. Is there anything a bit more dry that allows for the curl look (ive tried waxes, they make things rod-straight)?
Thanks!

riraito

Reaction score
from this thead i've decided to try out sumotech gatsby jonathan dirt sebastian anyone know where i can order these online? preferably in canada? i saw the webichi link for gatsby.. is amazon.com the only place for the others? edit: just noticed webichi ships to the US only
frown.gif
edit2: looks like sebastian xtah crude clay was discontinued and the craft clay replacement product isn't nearly as good

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by riraito
from this thead i've decided to try out

sumotech
gatsby
jonathan dirt
sebastian

anyone know where i can order these online? preferably in canada?
i saw the webichi link for gatsby.. is amazon.com the only place for the others?

edit: just noticed webichi ships to the US only
frown.gif

edit2: looks like sebastian xtah crude clay was discontinued and the craft clay replacement product isn't nearly as good

If you have a japanese store near you (Mitsuwa or equivalent) then they should have Gatsby moving rubber there.

I have Gatsby's pink and green moving rubbers. I've recently switched to B&B Sumotech since my hair is longer and finer now and I need a harder wax. You wanna buy my unused Gatbsys?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads