Hair products you use

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by groomin, Feb 1, 2008.

1. groomin

groomin Member

Hello.

I was just wondering which hair styling products you guys are using right now to style your hair.

For my part, I just love l'Anza's Urban Molding Paste (Link: http://www.lanza.com/products/displa...olding%20Paste).

It styles, textures, separates and defines my hair the way I want, and it smells just so good, but not too strong.

What are you using?

2. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

I use mop pomade:

[​IMG]

3. Fat-Elvis

Fat-Elvis Senior member

4. groomin

groomin Member

Haha! Tried this one (forming cream).

Pretty good stuff, smells awesome!!!

5. haganah

haganah Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How do those two compare to the fiber product from AC?

6. JOA

JOA Senior member

Aveda Men PureFormance Liquid Pomade. I've also used Keihl's Silk Groom Creme. Both are excellent.

7. groomin

groomin Member

How do those two compare to the fiber product from AC?

Well, the forming cream has fiber-comparable hold, but adds a bit more shine to the hair. On the texture part, the product really is like a cream, not as hard as Fiber.
    The smell is quite different too.

Fort the paste, well, according to American Crew's styling matrix, this adds abit more shine to the hair, while supplying a pliable hold, like fiber.
    Smell is different too.

8. Fat-Elvis

Fat-Elvis Senior member

I like them both more than the Fiber. In fact, I'm replacing the fiber with them. I think the fiber is best suited for shorter hair, because when my hair got even a little longer it was hard to work it in and style without it gunking up parts of my hair. The stuff is just too stiff, not necessarily like gel though.

I'm still getting used to the forming cream and how to use it, but I've had some, uhh, really good "hair days" with it. It smells much better than any of the other AC Classic products too, almost kinda like that cream stuff they put in pastries. The citrus paste is really nice, I like it more than the AC Tea Trea paste, which has a thicker texture making it a little harder to apply and smells like the Hugo Boss HUGO cologne, which I don't like. I do not find the citrus paste to have much shine, though. I think the American Crew styling matrix is kinda off on that with some products.

9. Soph

Soph Senior member

I use Bumble and Bumble, odd name but solid stuff.

The AC fiber is my second.

10. groomin

groomin Member

I like them both more than the Fiber. In fact, I'm replacing the fiber with them. I think the fiber is best suited for shorter hair, because when my hair got even a little longer it was hard to work it in and style without it gunking up parts of my hair. The stuff is just too stiff, not necessarily like gel though.

I'm still getting used to the forming cream and how to use it, but I've had some, uhh, really good "hair days" with it. It smells much better than any of the other AC Classic products too, almost kinda like that cream stuff they put in pastries. The citrus paste is really nice, I like it more than the AC Tea Trea paste, which has a thicker texture making it a little harder to apply and smells like the Hugo Boss HUGO cologne, which I don't like. I do not find the citrus paste to have much shine, though. I think the American Crew styling matrix is kinda off on that with some products.

I was wondering... Is it me or my American Crew Tea Tree Defining Paste smells pretty strong? When I put it on, the smell lasts like almost all day long compared to all other AC products. Is my paste perished or is it just smelling strong?

11. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

Same here...Bumble and Bumble.

12. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

KMS paste. Works well with my thin and straight hair.

13. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Sumotech from Bumble and Bumble.

14. bure

bure Senior member

I-C-E Spiked is the best spiking gel, and I've tried lots. It's thick and holds well

15. streetbuck

streetbuck New Member

I use Garnier Fructis Surf Hair right now. Planning on trying out AC Fiber soon.