1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hair products you use

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by groomin, Feb 1, 2008.

1. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

Kenra Texturizing Taffy - great texturing and hold without the stiffness. Matte finish san guido sheen

[​IMG]

and Osis by Schwarzkopf Thrill

The kenra stuff looks pretty interesting...where do you get your supply? Doesn't seem like a brand readily available at a Brick&Mortar.

2. track309

track309 Senior member

The kenra stuff looks pretty interesting...where do you get your supply? Doesn't seem like a brand readily available at a Brick&Mortar.

You can get online

3. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

Yup, I saw amazon has it for $19 -- wondering if there were a smaller shop that could use the business..

4. track309

track309 Senior member

Yup, I saw amazon has it for $19 -- wondering if there were a smaller shop that could use the business..

I can respect that......http://www.kenra.com/SalonLocator.aspx

Lovemore
    428 9th St
    New York NY, 10009

5. podpod

podpod Well-Known Member

Osmo claywax and shape maker, they both smell great.

6. videogeek

videogeek Senior member

Bumble and Bumble is the best. Depending on my hair length, I use either their grooming cream (when my hair gets a little longer), or Sumo Tech when my hair's a little shorter and choppier.

American Crew's pomade is nice too, for a more overtly styled look.

7. sonicreducer

sonicreducer Senior member

cool grease. best pomade i've ever used. easily.

8. jeffersonmc

jeffersonmc Active Member

Seconding the Bumble & Bumble line. Sumo Tech is also the best thing I have come across out there for short to medium length hair. The key is to use only a tiny amount and work it out in your hand first. Too much makes you look like a grease bag.

9. coffee_addict

coffee_addict New Member

bumble & bumble sumotech
    bedhead hard to get
    bedhead hardhead

I seem to go back and forth. Right now I've been using the hard to get and hardhead together. When I use the sumotech it's usually by itself.

There's also one by Kenra, the working wax (#15), that I liked alright. It smelled pretty good too.

10. unrated

unrated Senior member

Seconding the Bumble & Bumble line. Sumo Tech is also the best thing I have come across out there for short to medium length hair. The key is to use only a tiny amount and work it out in your hand first. Too much makes you look like a grease bag.

How well does it work on coarse hair?

11. J.esco

J.esco Active Member

American Crew fiber is great.

Tried Murray's Pomade, pain to get out.

12. Crakaveli

Crakaveli Senior member

jason jojoba shampoo & conditioner

aveda pureformance grooming clay. i don't care for scented products. does anybody have a recommendation for something similar without the smell?

13. ijk

ijk New Member

Less abrasive is american crew style cream or grooming cream, its the green one.

14. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I got the Aveda clay after everyone on the internet was raving about it too, but the smell is too strong. It's a shame too, because the hold really is great.

15. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

gatsby pink tub is what i use. it's good, but if hair gets long then it won't hold well.

this touravi wax my korean hair stylist has is pretty much the same.

sebastian xtah crude clay -- i also have a tub, but i don't like the waxy oily feeling it leaves, and the hold isn't great. it's good for some volume, but if you use it too much then it leaves white specks in ur hair that look like nits.

16. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

What is a good hairspray to pair with gatsby pink?

17. Newo

Newo Senior member

Dove Shampoo, do I need something else?

18. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Kinda looking for a new shampoo. I swim in the pool 2-3 hours everyday and it's really damaging my hair by making it all dry so it always stands up (I kind of like the look) but I need something that will clean it without completely softening up my hair.

19. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

my hair is pretty much the same length as this: [​IMG] whats a good product for asian hair about that length?

20. Listi

Listi Senior member

Redken Polish Up Pomade

Really like the smell, stays sorta moist all night, so it isn't for a "strong hold" but it works for me.

I wanna use more Redken stuff but I don't like the price. For hair styling, it's okay, a tub lasts me forever since I just use a little. But for shampoo and conditioner I tend to go through it fairly quickly. Usually use Garnier Fructis (sleek and shine) for my conditioner, currently using Redken Clean Up (I think?) as my shampoo.

I remember trying some d:fi stuff a while ago that seemed to be pretty excellent and wouldn't mind trying more of their stuff. I suck at hair though, so I dunno.