• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
Pros:

It's cheap
Made by Arsenal of Bulgaria
Affordable to shoot
9x18 is a good round
Slide-mounted safety with up=fire and down=safe
It's slim - good for summer carry and 'may' even work for pocket carry
I've been busy building rifles for so long, I need a new handgun toy to play with
If I don't like it, I can sell it without losing (much or any) money

Cons:

Safety is on the left-side only and I am a Southpaw

I figured that you being the CCW gun dude that you are would have slightly nicer alternatives that you've already purchased. Single stack? Is that the military version?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
I figured that you being the CCW gun dude that you are would have slightly nicer alternatives that you've already purchased. Single stack? Is that the military version?

If I'm not mistaken, Justin carries a Browning BDA.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
If I'm not mistaken, Justin carries a Browning BDA.

I always like the Hi-Power, so I bet the BDA is a badass pistol, but it seems like it would be super freaking conspicuous to carry.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always like the Hi-Power, so I bet the BDA is a badass pistol, but it seems like it would be super freaking conspicuous to carry.

Not at all. Forget the FN Hi-Power (for which Browning held the US rights to). The BDA is made by Beretta in Italy (basically an export version of their 84F) and is in many ways a compact version of the 92 series. It rides very well inside the waistband, though the double-stack .380 is too thick for pocket carry.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just knew going to the gun shop today would cost me. LOL. I'm now the proud owner of a new Sig P238 Rosewood model. While I was there I came across a used NAA Magnum/LR Convertible with a 1 5/8 inch barrel with tritium night sights installed for dirt cheap.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
I just knew going to the gun shop today would cost me. LOL. I'm now the proud owner of a new Sig P238 Rosewood model. While I was there I came across a used NAA Magnum/LR Convertible with a 1 5/8 inch barrel with tritium night sights installed for dirt cheap.

The NAA looks a lot like the 1877 S&W 1-1/2 and Baby Russian. Elegant little gun.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For concealed carry? The grips look nice but I'm more of a 'tactical look' kind of guy.
wink.gif

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
For concealed carry? The grips look nice but I'm more of a 'tactical look' kind of guy.
wink.gif

Yes for concealed carry. It's a Nitron coated stainless alloy gun with tritium night sights. It doesn't have a rail or a laser but it sure looks tactical to me.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Black = tactical
laugh.gif
I'm not debating the usefulness of the weapon. Just aesthetics.

LOL! I have a few of those.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the P238 better than any other pocket gun I've shot. Only thing I'd be nervous about is that tiny thumb safety in the heat of the moment. I'd like it with an extended/larger safety - still nice and small for IWB carry.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a ******* sexy little pistol. How's it shoot?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a ******* sexy little pistol. How's it shoot?
Which one?

Boognish

Reaction score
Damn, now I'm thinking more and more about that little Sig. I need something for pocket carry, and I don't know which route to take.

I traded off a P3AT a while back, and never really cared for it or its lack of quality. I'm debating the Micro Eagle, the Ruger LCP (or LC9 if I can pocket carry it), the Rohrbaugh R9, or the 238.

I've handled the Micro Eagle, and slide bite is a problem for me, even compared to other mouse guns. The LCP looks and feel just like the P3AT, but it has Ruger's customer service behind it. The Rohrbaugh is ideal, but damn are they expensive and hard to find. The 238 looks like a contender, and even though I'm a big SA fan, I'm not sure I want anything but a striker fired DA for this role.

What do you think Crane's? And do you intend on front or back pocket carry?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads